Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colon B&W photo function doesn't work

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to use "Colon B&W photo" function,

but an error message "Feature download failed. Either the server is currently unavailable, or your computer is disconnected from the internet...."occured.

I tried on differen computers within a few weeks, and it never worked.

Anyone know what's wrong and how do I fix it?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Such errors are genenrally due to anti-virus software, or your firewall.   Just pause your firewall/ anti virus, download it, and turn it back on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And before you think "Turn off my anti virus to download this tool / feature?  Naw, ain't gonna happen"    I've been doing it for close to 20 years with Adobe products and have had zero issues.  We'rre talking a minute or two depending upon your dowloand speed--- seems like many of the features needed to download are about 150MB- so the download could take a bit if you have a slow connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still doesn't work.

Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on the Quick tab in PSE? I have PSE2024 and it works perfectly. I even tried it on a color photo which I first converted to b/w via the Advanced tab (Enhance>adjust color>remove color) and it worked. 

Try resetting preferences to default. Go to Edit>Preferences>General>reset preferences on next launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply.

It doesn't work.

I even tried removing the app and reinstalling it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines