• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Computer scrapped but Elements 14 not deactivated first.

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently moved PE14 catalogue from an old computer to a new one but failed to deactivate the licence. I did uninstall it via Control Panel - Add/Remove programs but that apparently didn't deactivate the licence. I would have expected a prompt for that to happen.

As that computer has gone for recycling I cannot access it to deactivate the licence. I have PE14 on a laptop and I would like to keep it there if possible as well as on my new computer.

Is there any chance you could grant me a licence to use PE14 on my new computer please? I'm a retired amateur photographer and PE14 is adequate for my needs.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

The ground rules set by Adobe are that you can install the software on 2 computers; If you install it on another (3rd) machine, one needs to deactivate the program on one machine. 

This is a user-to-user forum, not Adobe corporate,  and we are not in a position to activate/deactivate. 

In your first post you state  that the program works for you. In your second post you state that the product is registered and that you see the serial number. Everything is legit! Where is the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little more info. When I login to my Adobe account and select Activated devices none are shown. That might explain why I cannot see "deactivate" on the Help menu for PE14 on my laptop.

On my products page I can see PE14 and the serial number but no indication of how to activate the device it's on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ground rules set by Adobe are that you can install the software on 2 computers; If you install it on another (3rd) machine, one needs to deactivate the program on one machine. 

This is a user-to-user forum, not Adobe corporate,  and we are not in a position to activate/deactivate. 

In your first post you state  that the program works for you. In your second post you state that the product is registered and that you see the serial number. Everything is legit! Where is the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2023 Oct 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The program is working even with the popup remaining on screen. I'll leave well alone. I bought the physical media which might make a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to Adobe Customer Service and only ask to have your activations reset (Make sure to sign in to your Adobe account first and allow popups and cookies on your browser. You may not be able to see the chat window if using a VPN.):
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen will automatically open the chat window.
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2023 Oct 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the advice. The program seems to be working despite the warning. I may request my activations be reset if this popup annoys me enough. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines