• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting NEF to DNG quality loss

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use PSE 13 and I downloaded DNG converter for the NEF photo's/ There wuld be no quality loss but why are the NEF photo's much more brighter then the converted DNG photo's? DSC_3130.JPGDSC_3130 dng converter.jpg

Thanks for help., Maranne

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In which program do you have opened the left picture.

I think this is the embedded jpeg which has applied all settings of the picture style you have set in your camera.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Since your question is about Photoshop Elements 13, I have moved this from the Photoshop forum where you posted.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using and version of camera raw in pse 13 do you have?

What version of the DNG Converter did you download?

Which nikon camera are the nef files from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, thanks vor your reaction. I downloaded the 12.2.1.417   That's the newest I gess. My camera D5300 is okay with camera raw., but my D7500 is new and I cannot downlad the right version of Camera raw because PSE 13 doesnt support D7500. That why I use the DNG conerter.

Operating system is:windows 10 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In what program are you viewing the D7500 nef files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot view the  D7500Neff files. I have to convert to DNG. And then I use PSE13 Even ViewNX 2 doest work with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What i was getting at is how did you view the D7500 nef so you could post the screenshot comparison?

Also Nikon offers ViewNX-i & Capture NX-D for free, which should open and edit your Nikon D7500 nefs.

https://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/products/261/VCNXSP.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines