• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting to CMYK using Photoshop Elements

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to be able to convert to CMYK, but I'm not able to in my current version of Photoshop, which version do i need ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Elements doesn't support CMYK, that's the reason. Yes, you can use Photoshop CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek Cross wrote:

True, but most browsers don't have color management.

Actually they do, all of them have a functioning color management engine. Even Internet Explorer.

The problem is that it's poorly implemented in most browsers, to the point where it can be considered broken. And the fact that many websites are coded so that they strip any embedded profile, and the fact that many images are posted without an embedded profile. This is what the browsers can't handle - except Firefox.

And for this reason, web material should be sRGB because that will display roughly right even without functional color management.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D Fosse wrote:

Derek Cross wrote:

True, but most browsers don't have color management.

Actually they do, all of them have a functioning color management engine. Even Internet Explorer.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 

I love how you stressed IE as if it is extraordinary that it actually works.   It's a good job Noel isn't still posting, or the two of you would be going off on one all over again!   It was the dreadful way the forum software worked with IE (Noel's favourite browser) that caused Noel to leave the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines