• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not get Location from GPS Information of new Media

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the trial version of Photoshop Elements 2019 to try it and to decide if I should swit to Photoshop Elements.

One important Feature is, that I can search Media by its location "e.g. all Media captured in Germany". As I understood, I have to "get location" first of all new media to lookup the location from mapsbox (with the GPS-Data in the Media-File). To do so, I have to click on a stack of Media in the "Locations"-View and the on "get Location information". But this option I only have if no Media-File in the Stack already have a Location.

e.g. I have some Media taken in germany. I "get location information" for these Media-Files:

Then I import some new files, also taken in germany. I have to "get location information" for these files too. But I could not, because the option for that is no longer available:

The 208 previous Media-Files have its location information. But the new 294 not, and I can not "get location information" for these Files, because the option is no longer available. The only way to get these locations is to zoom in until all new Files are in its own stacks. But the will take hours ... and with each new media-files you have to zoom in more until each stack consists only of one file.

Does anyone know, how to "get location" for all media files (with GPS-Information, of cource) with one (or few) clicks?

Is that a bug? Can I hope that this will be fixed soon?

Thanks to all,

Torsten

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Hi Torsten,

I can suggest you a workaround to get the option for your newly imported media that has just GPS information.

Then I import some new files, also taken in germany. I have to "get location information" for these files too.

Please note that this workaround will work only when all these new imports have GPS info and no place tag.

1. Go to media Room.

2. Select Sort By drop down on top and select Import batch option from there.

3. From grid, select all the latest import files (which you say wer

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Torsten,

I can suggest you a workaround to get the option for your newly imported media that has just GPS information.

Then I import some new files, also taken in germany. I have to "get location information" for these files too.

Please note that this workaround will work only when all these new imports have GPS info and no place tag.

1. Go to media Room.

2. Select Sort By drop down on top and select Import batch option from there.

3. From grid, select all the latest import files (which you say were taken in Germany and had only GPS info)

4. Add them to an album from left Tab

5. Now go to Places Pinned Room and Select this album in left panel.

Now you would see only the items from new import on Map in the pin and you should be able to get location for these  (if the assumption we started with holds true)

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines