• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create new catalog or move default?

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have installed Photoshop Elements 2022 on my laptop. I would like for my catalog to be on my external hard drive. I have not imported any media yet. My question is... should I change the location of the default catalog or should I create a new one?  Thanks so much! 

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since your catalog is empty, that does not matter. You can move the default catalog to another custom location or create a new one from scratch on your external drive. You have also to create the master folder for your photofiles tree in the external drive and to specify that location in your preferences of the organizer and the editor.

The problem is different for users wanting to move both their catalog and the photo folders tree to an external drive. They have to create a full backup and a restore on the external drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I didn't think it would matter but I wanted to be sure.  Could you please give me a little more detail about: "create the master folder for your photofiles tree in the external drive and to specify that location in your preferences of the organizer and the editor"? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines