Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Styles in Elements 2023

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello;

I am trying to help a student in Elements 2023. She wants to create and save a custom style and we can't seem to find anyway to do this (I have worked in the full version of Photoshop for over 28 years and I know this can be done there.) This latest version of Elements has so many robust advanced features; am I missing something or looking for something which is not there? We are working on the Mac version. Thanks for any help!

TOPICS
Creative , How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

As photoshop elements is shipped saving out Layer Styles is not a feature, however, with

an extra cost add-on such as Elements+ it is possible.

https://elementsplus.net/

https://elementsplus.net/help/en/save-style.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Thanks for all the replies. I had seen the Elements + App before and I downloaded the demo. I coudn't find the functionality I was looking for so I emailed the developer, who told me that is in the full version but not in the demo. Of course I have the full version of Photoshop which I've been teaching for quite some time, so I know I can save my presets there. I  will have to see if my student would find enough of an advantage to make it worth her while to get the add on app. (She only has Elem

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As photoshop elements is shipped saving out Layer Styles is not a feature, however, with

an extra cost add-on such as Elements+ it is possible.

https://elementsplus.net/

https://elementsplus.net/help/en/save-style.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for all the replies. I had seen the Elements + App before and I downloaded the demo. I coudn't find the functionality I was looking for so I emailed the developer, who told me that is in the full version but not in the demo. Of course I have the full version of Photoshop which I've been teaching for quite some time, so I know I can save my presets there. I  will have to see if my student would find enough of an advantage to make it worth her while to get the add on app. (She only has Elements not the full PS). Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

create the layer style in PS.   save it. copy and paste the file (.ASL) here:

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\21.0\Presets\Styles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the Mac side it would be

Macintosh HD/Users/UserName/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop Elements 21/Presets/Styles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines