• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

digital pen not working in photoshop elements

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My digital pen does not work with photoshop elements 2021 on my surface book 3. It works fine in MS paint program and other MS applications. At most I can make it show a dot after clicking "allow my pen to be used as a mouse in some desktop applications" in the MS settings, but I cannot draw with it. When the pen makes contact with the touchscreen, I see the cursor or shape I may have selected, but nothing gets drawn. I see that there was an update -->2021.2, but that has to do with fixing crashes. Mine is not crashing. The pen has no settings or bluetooth to look up or connect to in the background. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

I have a Surface Pro 4, installed Photoshop Elements 2021 yesterday as a trial version and had the same experience.

After googling and trying around, I think I found the solution:

In PSE menu under Edit / Preferences / Display & Cursor / set the UI scaling factor to automatic.

Close PSE.

Go to the system folder C / Programs / Adobe / Photoshop Elements 2021 / right click on the file PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe / Properties / Compatibility / Change High DPI settings / check High DPI scaling and under

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Surface Pro 4, installed Photoshop Elements 2021 yesterday as a trial version and had the same experience.

After googling and trying around, I think I found the solution:

In PSE menu under Edit / Preferences / Display & Cursor / set the UI scaling factor to automatic.

Close PSE.

Go to the system folder C / Programs / Adobe / Photoshop Elements 2021 / right click on the file PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe / Properties / Compatibility / Change High DPI settings / check High DPI scaling and under that activate System. Then OK and Apply. Close everything.

Then open PSE. Now it should work. With me it was in any case so.

This is a translation from German into English. I hope it is understandable and the terms in the program settings are present in the English menus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this worked perfectly. I just had to reboot afterwards. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  This is the magic formula and secret sauce.  It works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO MUCH!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I tried that and (after rebooting) it worked for one stroke. Then it stopped working. In addition, every time I touch the pen to the screen it brings up the "Brush Size" pop-up window, even when I have "Size" unchecked in "Tablet settings". If anyone has a further suggestion I'd love it. Drawing with a mouse kind of sucks. (Windows 11, Adobe PSE 2023). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines