• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Displaying images Newest First in Organizer

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like my photos to display Newest First in the Organizer, which they always did until recently.  Now they always display Oldest First and I have to change it every time.  I have tried General Settings to  no avail.  How can I get them to default to displaying Newest First?

TOPICS
How to , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS and version of Elements are you using?

The Sort by: Newest  setting should be sticky.  Are you saying that it isn't?

Snap_2023.03.06_15h57m57s_003.png

Try resetting the preferences file. Go to Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 11 and Photoshop Elements 18.0.0.0.  I have been using PE for many years, and this "Newest First" has ALWAYS been sticky.  

I tried your suggestion of resetting the preferences, but that didn't work.  It still keeps opening with "Oldest First."  
I wonder if this may have happened as a result of upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11?  I noticed on the "About" info, it shows Windows 10.
image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you simply upgraded the OS without reinstalling Elements, I suggest you reinstall the program. When you uninstall the program, confirm the option to delete the preferences file. 

I am still on Win 10 so have no personal experience to guide you, but it is worth a shot.  And Win 11 did not exist when Elements 2020 (version 18) was released. So I wouldn't be concerned about the Sys Info dialog. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I uninstall and reinstall, I won't lose my photos, tags, albums, etc., will I?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your media and catalog files will not be deleted when you uninstall the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled and reinstalled. That didn't work. Still coming up Oldest
First. 😫

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try toggling the choice for display of dates within a day, in the Edit>Preferences>General dialog.

Snap_2023.03.13_11h6m14s_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines