• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dual Ecosystem Users and Elements Installations

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobeā€™s EULA states that I can install adobe applications on two computers at the same time as long as I only use the application on one computer at a time.  However, the key does not work when trying to

activate the application on macOS. 

The EULA also states ā€œThe Software is licensed for use on a specific operating system platformā€ but this statement only occurs in the section regarding dual boot platforms. 

A Windows desktop and a completely separate MacBook pro laptop are two completely separate devices and do not constitute a "Dual Boot Platform". A Dual Boot Platform would be Windows and a Hackintosh running on the same MB/CPU/RAM, or a MacBook pro running macOS, running a Windows installation using Boot Camp which again is still using the same MB/CPU/RAM, these both are examples of Dual Boot Platforms. 

The EULA cleary says that you can do this but it does not work.  Does anyone know how to make this work?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , Download and install , How to , Mac , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It all depends on how you bought photoshop elements. If you bought photoshop elements for  a specific platform such as windows or mac as one does from the adobe website, then the license key is specific to the windows version or mac version. The license keys in that case do not interchange between versions/platforms.

If on the other hand you bought the dvd version, which includes both the windows and mac installs from a third party vendor like Bestbuy, Amazon, etc, then one license key works for both platforms (windows and mac). Dvd versions are not available on the adobe website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree, but it appears that they are no longer selling a disk version.  If you look at amazon for instance, there is an elements bundle that says pc/mac. However, if you look at the details it has no disk just a code for you to enter into adobe's website and choose which version you want want.  I will assume that this then issues a platform specific key negating the ability to install a second copy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll see if i can get an answer from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner.

I found that if you buy the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2023 | PC/Mac Box | Photo Editing Software from a third party site like Amazon, you get a box labeled Windows + macOS, then inside is a card with the serial and links to download the software. The serial number works on both mac and windows, so you have can both a mac and windows install of pse 2023 that uses the same serial number. No dvd inside the box.

I tested the above on my own Windows 10 and macOS Ventura machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines