• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elememts 2020 updater fails

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new computer running Win 11. I was able to download Photoshop Elements 2020 by moving the install file out of download folder and on to the desktop. After the install when I open the app a pop-up says an update is available. When I select the update the updater starts and goes to a 17% install but never completes.

Support could not help

The download Adobe makes availabe is Version 18 which requires an update. This makes no sense.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

After repeated tries, I was able to get the updater to work. I did not make any changes

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no update. There is available an upgrade to PSEv.2024, but it requires purchase of same. You may get a discount from Adobe as a repeat customer if you buy it from Adobe.

Suggest that you try the 30-day free trial of PSEv.2024. If you think that it is superior for your purpose, you can buy it subsequently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The download Adobe makes availabe is Version 18 which requires an update. This makes no sense.

By @Robert34400730i56w

PSE 2020 is version 18.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you download the pse 2020 (pse ver 18) installer from your Adobe account page?

Photoshop elements 2020 is version 18.

Did you restart your computer and try the update again?

This is a list of updates for more recent pse versions:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/release-note/update.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After repeated tries, I was able to get the updater to work. I did not make any changes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines