• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 13, Google Maps Not Displaying in Places View

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Used to work fine, but not now.  Places display but no map behind them.  Reinstalled software did not solve the problem.  I'm running the 64 bit version on a laptop with 16GB ram, don't suspect that is the problem.  Any ideas out there?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 103 Replies 103
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thank you for the discussion, however I must say, that your arguments are totally misleading. I wanted to let it go, however after your answer I am goin to claim non-funcional product at Amazon, where I bought the Elements bundle and ask for compensation. Also, there is in every EU country state commitee for Consumer protection, which would be happy to start the proceeding an consumer behalf.

To your arguments. First of all the developer is responsible for total functionality of the product they sell, regardless if they sub-use third party components, paid or not paid (by the way Google maps are paid service, the amount is small at the moment and based on usage/accesses in tenths of thousands). It is like if car producer delivers you a car, where after some time a window does not go down. You can still drive the car, but part of the functionality is gone. If you would come back to authorized repair service of the car maker and they told you, that the electric small engine which powers the window steering was delivered to them by company XYZ for free and thus there is no solution for repair, I believe you would call such approach totally non acceptable and go to solve it with relevant authorities.

As for the argument about limited usage of the maps feature, it is not relevant at all. What is important is, how is the product sold and with what kind of functionalities, because that is what we pay for. ANd please do not even bring up the argument about non-significance of the Elements of Abdobe. On the forum you directed me to is even written about PSE: "The #1 selling consumer photo-editing software. Simply unlimited! Adobe® Photoshop® Elements photo-editing software delivers powerful options that make it easy to create extraordinary photos, quickly share your memories in Online Albums and unique print creations, and automatically organize and help protect all your photos and video clips"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I repeat I am not here to be Adobe's advocate.

What I find misleading for other users in your argumentation is that you want readers to believe they can hope to get something from Adobe on legal grounds. I'll believe it when I see it in any country.

Just for fun, another comparison. I have a relatively new diesel motor car. They say diesel motors will be totally forbidden in a few years. Should I ask the car manufacturer to solve my problem?

What users should really expect is that their only choice is either :

- to pay the upgrade for PSE2019 with its new map supplier (more futureproof).
- to quit Adobe and go for the competition. Not likely, other softwares have the same issues with Google Maps. And of course act as you do in the hope Adobe will offer a 'commercial' compensation or solution. Time will tell.

Edit:

third possible solution, wait for Adobe to 'evaluate' other solutions:

Elements Organizer 2019 with Mapbox not Google Maps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for diesel engine car, the discussion is that PRODUCTION of the diesel cars will be banned at some moment. In case the government would ban USE of the diesel engine cars without giving long enough transition period for both end of production and end of usage, you would for sure be able to sue based on "rightful expectation" principle most probably both the government as well as producer. However, I am not lawyer, I work in the e-commerce bussines, where we solve goods reclamations on everyday basis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

However, I am not lawyer, I work in the e-commerce bussines, where we solve goods reclamations on everyday basis.

That's fair to mention it.

That also explains your post:

In the car industry they at least recall a model from the market and give repair for free, in the software industry however....

Yes, there is a "business" and "industry" side also with software, but software is of a different nature (for good reasons). A lot of people have difficulties understanding that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines