• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2020 on iMac Catalina crashes randomly when system is idle

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements 2020 appears to work on my iMac (recently upgraded to Catalina) however when my system is idle for a few hours Elements crashes. It will now crash overnight, when there is not activity, fairly consistenly. I have sent the crash reports to Adobe and Apple.  When I'm using Elements everything seems to work and the system does not crash. It only crashes when I'm not using the Mac.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Mac , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

So, the problem was traced back to the Catalog conversion that occured during the upgrade from 2019 to 2020. I was able to create a new libray of a subset of my photos and that worked fine, no crashes. Then, on Adobe's request, I "re-converted" the 2019 Catalog and this time it worked. No idea why it didn't convert properly as part of the upgrade process.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is PSE the only program that does that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-Posted to first message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, actually it's Organizer that seems to crash. Photoshop Elements Editor continues to run. No other Mac programs are crashing, just Element Organizer 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always use Cmd+Q to quit the organizer when I’ve finished. Is there any need to keep it open when it can be launched with a single click of the dock icon? I suspect the background processes could be choking on something, perhaps a large video file. The Organizer  is always indexing auto creations, facial recognition, photo & video collage creations etc. I only tend to leave it running after importing a new batch of photos. The only app I keep open is Finder which happens by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, the problem was traced back to the Catalog conversion that occured during the upgrade from 2019 to 2020. I was able to create a new libray of a subset of my photos and that worked fine, no crashes. Then, on Adobe's request, I "re-converted" the 2019 Catalog and this time it worked. No idea why it didn't convert properly as part of the upgrade process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines