• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements Organizer Analyzing faces

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to the 2019 version and the Face analyzer always stops at 33%.  For a while it did add new faces, but now it does not seem like it ever makes any progress, even when I leave it up and running all night.

Sometimes I get a 'CAHeadless has encountered an error'.  For that I have tried turning off the Auto Analysis, but then it does not do the facial recognition, which is one of the main reasons I use this product.  When the Analyzer is running it takes between 35-30% of my CPU and a about 2GB of RAM.  When I shut down the organizer it continues to run and take high CPU and memory until I shut down or end the task.

So, a few questions:

- If I turn off Auto Analyze, is there a way for me to run facial recognition on a specific set of photos?

- Is there a log file for he Analyzer that might help me troubleshoot the issue?

- Any other suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

What OS are you running?  How large is your catalog? 

I have found that the facial recognition status bar can be wildly inaccurate.  Depending on the size of your catalog, it can take literally weeks to complete.  What is happening in the UnNamed People panel?  Are stacks of faces still being added?  (The number of stacks can be seen in a status at the lower left of the panel.)  If you uncheck the Hide small stacks box, you will get a better idea of whether new stacks are being added.

I'm guessin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you running?  How large is your catalog? 

I have found that the facial recognition status bar can be wildly inaccurate.  Depending on the size of your catalog, it can take literally weeks to complete.  What is happening in the UnNamed People panel?  Are stacks of faces still being added?  (The number of stacks can be seen in a status at the lower left of the panel.)  If you uncheck the Hide small stacks box, you will get a better idea of whether new stacks are being added.

I'm guessing that if you still see an active "analyzing faces" status, facial recognition is still taking place.

If you have untagged photos, go to a full screen view of an image and click on the Mark Face tool.   If the photo has not been analyzed yet, a message will pop up indicating that is the case.  Also, if you have face recognition active in the View menu, if you hover over a face, and it has been analyzed but not named, you will be given the opportunity to add or confirm the person's name.

Bottom line:  If you have a large catalog, analysis can take a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a followup in case it helps anyone else.  I was finally able to get it to finish analyzing all of the faces.  My catalog has around 50k photos and it took about a month of staring the organizer and letting it run for about a day, then shutting down the computer and starting over again.  Each time it would get a few more percent through the catalog.  If I just left it up for days, the analyser would take up 16gb of ram and then just not make any more progress.   It really seems like the analyzer has some memory management issues.

Once it was finally done I went to back up my catalog and it failed partway through that as well.  I was finally able to find a few corrupted photos that were messing up the backup and once I deleted them from the catalog the backup was successful.  It would have been great if the backup process had some decent error messages that would have indicated the photos that it was having problems with.

I wish Adobe would make some improvements to the organizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting back to us. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's. 2021 and I've had the same issues and did the same thing you did without even reading this post.  ADOBE, i know this is not your cash cow, but you could support all the amateurs that may aspire to use your more serious software.

Had to load images 800-1000 at at time from a catalogue of 60000 files.  Memory keeps running up to the point of crashing system, restart have it go again, restart...  about 3 weeks later im still analyzing.  I kust wish there was a way to dedicate all cpu time to the software intead of the 10-15 percent it uses.  Add a software switch please to enable full cpu usage please!!!  Have a dedicated pc for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines