• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

elements

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am finding it very difficult to discover if my elements and premier elements 2019 can be upgraded to 2021. I bought 2019 and haven't used it because I inadvertently upgraded to Catalina. I am now using Big Sur. Can I upgrade to 2021 and will it be compatible with Big Sur? TIA

TOPICS
How to , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any previous version of Elements can be upgraded to 2021 so, yes, your version 2019 can be upgraded.

Yes, Elements 2021 will definitely run on Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John. I am going to try the free download first but I think I will get  the upgrade. I used Photoshop for years on Windows but don't do enough now to justify paying every year to use it on my mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . .  But there are some compatibility problems with Big Sur.  For example, you will be unable to import images from a memory card or camera using the Adobe Photo Downloader. (I know nothing about Macs, but I assume there are other ways to get files from a card onto your computer.)  Adobe is working on a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Greg. I can put photos onto Mac and then export them to Photoshop from the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the upgrade from Elements 2019 to Elements 2021 free?

Thanks.

(Also finding this information on the Adobe website impossible to find....)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>Is the upgrade from Elements 2019 to Elements 2021 free?

No. It's a paid upgrade. You can see the options when you click the Buy Now link

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/buying-guide.html

pse-buy.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines