• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error code 1 while installing Elements 2019

Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2018 Dec 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased PSE 2019 and a few minutes into the installation I get a pop-up that says:

Sorry, installation failed

An unknown error has occurred. (Error Code:1)

There is a get help link, but it brings me.to the error code page.  Error code 1 says:

Core components failed to install/update.  Solution: Download the latest version of the installer and try again. 

I downloaded 2019 from the website and got the same error.

I'm running Windows 10.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

I reset some settings on Windows 10 and was able to load the software successfully.

Thanks anyway.

Sent from Outlook

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had to face.

Request you to download the Log Collector tool and share the logs with us.

Log Collector Tool

Also, please navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers and share the 'Install.log' file with me.

(You can upload the logs to Dropbox/any other preferred cloud and share the link with me via PM)

Meanwhile, you can download Photoshop Elements 2019 from this link: www.adobe.com/go/elements-esd

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset some settings on Windows 10 and was able to load the software successfully.

Thanks anyway.

Sent from Outlook

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem… Would be very helpful if you could specify the changed settings. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that most of my folders were write protected. It's my laptop and I have full admin.  Someone suggested that it could be a virus on my laptop.  I ended up doing a restore/recovery and was able to load PSE19 successfully after that.  Then I reloaded the other software.  I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried repeatedly to download Elements 2019 from the Adobe website to my Windows 10 desktop. It failed to install, no reason given. I searched for answers. Found none. Restored to earlier date. Nothing. Closed virus protection. Nothing. Disabled unnecessary files in Task Manager Startup. Nothing. Tried to delete Creative Cloud because I seemed to notice somehow that it was a problem. Not allowed to delete. The list goes on, but to cut to the chase, I purchased CD from Best Buy, thinking that would solve the problem. Failed to install, no reason given.  Moved the files from the CD to install from desktop. Failed to install, no reason given. I have worked on this for two solid days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2019 Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had to face.

Request you to download the Log Collector tool and share the logs with us.

Log Collector Tool

Also, please navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers and share the 'Install.log' file with me.

(You can upload the logs to Dropbox/any other preferred cloud and share the link with me via PM. I'll have the team investigate this issue on priority.)

Meanwhile, you can download Photoshop Elements 2019 from this link: www.adobe.com/go/elements-esd

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for contacting me. I appreciate your offer and will try to get to the uploads later; however, I am running 4 days behind on a looming deadline project and cannot take time now to follow up with you. My apologies, but thank you for offering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No issues. Just respond on this thread whenever you have time and I would try to take it up on priority.

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am dealing with nearly the EXACT SAME scenerio! This is ridiculous, and I continue to have to type / chat instead of speaking with a live person by phone to expedite the process, though I have repeatedly requested the  same! Disc purchased from Best Buy doesn't work, nor do the downloads online or from all the various support reps who have sent them. Everything has been checked. Access has been given by admin to the program, firewalls disabled, yada, yada, yada, to no avail. I do not want someone taking over my laptop remotely, which was the next step. No thank you! These issues need to be resolved by live conversation whereby stepping one through the process. I am seriously disappointed with Adobe at the moment, in general, as it is clearly a widespread issue with the software. I upgraded to Catalina on MacBook Pro per the specifications I found via a ton of research on the software prior to purchase in order to be certain all would work as it is supposed to. No one has time to spend two days in chat convos! Totally counter-productive and unnecessary. Day 3, no program install coming up. Adobe, I believe you can do better by your customers. I shall try the log link above to see if anyone will respond in kind. :(((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had to face. Could you please follow the steps mentioned below and let us know if this resolves your issue?

1. Delete the folders “/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Desktop Common” and “/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager ”
  2. Now try installing the application

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any further queries, I shall be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems logical that your installer should do this for you thereby alleviating all the frustrations we customers of yours are having...no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Medha,

Many thanks to your working solution.

I have been blocked too with this instalation issue (error code 1) on Mac OSX Catalina, since November 2019.

I couldn't find a working solution, before reading your answer to this post.

Great !

Regards,

Bruno

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to hear that the issue is resolved! Hope you have a great time exploring Elements.

Regards,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Solved the problem. Too bad the "help desk" could not provide this solution. Once again, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always happy to help!

Regards,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there! I am having the same issue with Mac OS Monterey. I tried deleting what you said above, no luck. Any help appreciated! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines