• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fade out in filters

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a solid color fade from dark at the top and lighter as it went to the bottom, (sending sample), now I can't find the effect to do it. Help? I'm on PS ver. 19. Thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the gradient tool

• First, change the background and foreground colors to the light and dark shades you desire at the top and bottom.
  •  Next choose the gradient tool.
  • In the gradient picker dropdown menu, select the first box which is Foreground to Background.
  • Click the top of the image and drag the gradient down to the bottom in a straight line.

Snap_2022.07.19_17h32m51s_004.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it but it makes the lower part white. Also there is no "Foregroubd to Background" option. The previous tool was in Effects and it was a one click move that did it perfectly. I looked around the Gradient tool but it doesn't have what I need. Here is another example of what I'm doing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found it. It's under "Styles" but I'm using a blue background and it fades it but turns it purple.....It's probably something I'm doing wrong. It's been since 2020 and I'm re-doing some covers. I appreciate your suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you are not familiar with the Gradient Tool. Here is a HelpX article with the basics.

Here I was able to use it to recreate your background.

Gradient.smallgif2.gif

As with most features in Elements there are several ways to create this effect.  Another way would be to create a Fill layer with the gradient. 

First, you need to choose the colors for the gradient. In this case - dark and light green.

1. Double-click on the Foreground color in the Color Picker (currently black in the following screenshot). 
  2. Select a dark shade of green from the color picker box OR
  3. Move the cursor over an open image to get a desired color.  (In my screenshot, I chose the top of your image for the selected dark green shade.)

Do the same for the light green shade by clicking on the Background color in the Color Picker (currently white in my screenshot).

Snap_2022.07.20_12h19m58s_004.png

The Color boxes will now look like this:

Snap_2022.07.20_12h31m27s_005.png

• Go to Layer>New Fill Layer>Gradient, (optionally name the layer) and click OK.
  • Click on the Gradient drop down menu and select the first box which will be a gradient of the Foreground and Background Color boxes.

Snap_2022.07.20_12h14m30s_000.png

• Click OK and your desired layer should be created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Huge THANK YOU for the alternative. I'm still learning things all the time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines