Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failure To Open Files in Photoshop Elements

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm running Windows 10 and PSE 12. Recently my PSE will not open files (jpgs). If I find a file in Explorer and choose Open With PSE, PSE opens but the file / photo doesn't. If I start PSE and then choose Open and navigate to any JPG it does not Open. The file shows in Open Recent but does not appear in PSE. It just sits there with a grey screen. Its not hanging as I can choose any tools but choosing File->New still leaves me with a grey screen as if I'd just started PSE. If I re-boot sometimes it works but I do not want to re-boot every time I want to open a jpg file. Now and then I get a "problem with Clipboard" but I clear my clipboard and no luck.When I start PSE I do get the Monitor Profile appears to be defective. But I've always had this and get it on all 4 of my monitors. Please help as this is driving me crazy.

May thanks, in hope !!

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Check out the profile settings for your monitor(s)

Go to the run dialog (Press the Windows key+R) enter colorcpl in the box, and hit Enter.

Add the sRGB profile, then set it as Default profile.

1. In the color management dialog click the add button
  2. In the Associate Color Profile dialog Select (highlight) sRGB IEC61966-2.1
  3. Click OK
  4. Make sure that the box is checked “Use my settings for this device” then click the Set As Default button

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Launch the Editor first and chooe File >> Open

Then navigate to your image. Select and click Open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. But as I mentioned in my original text I've tried both navigate to file in Explorer and Open With PSE and Start PSE, File->Open - both with the same results - a grey screen. Same as Start PSE, File->New. Just a grey screen as if nothing is opened. If I choose File->Open Recently Edited File the files I've tried to open appear in that list !!. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggest that you reset preferences to default, as that may fix it. To do that, in Editor, go Edit Menu>Preferences>General and look for this:

Preferences.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestion, I have already tried this. It is like when I reboot and PSE works something then gets corrupted while I'm using PSE (or maybe something else that affects PSE) and when I re-launch PSE (however I do it) I have this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out the profile settings for your monitor(s)

Go to the run dialog (Press the Windows key+R) enter colorcpl in the box, and hit Enter.

Add the sRGB profile, then set it as Default profile.

1. In the color management dialog click the add button
  2. In the Associate Color Profile dialog Select (highlight) sRGB IEC61966-2.1
  3. Click OK
  4. Make sure that the box is checked “Use my settings for this device” then click the Set As Default button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Only done a quick test but this seems to work. Thank you very much. Really appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines