• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

find single-person pictures in PSE

Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to select pictures that feature a specific (tagged) person, but no other (tagged) persons. Is there a way to select pictures that do have some specific tag from the people group (let's say person A), but no other people tags at all, so no person B, C, D, etcetera?

Rik

PSE 19 on Win 10

TOPICS
How to , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still trying to solve this problem. Think I might do just that, if I could reverse the result of a search. Is such a complement obtainable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great minds think alike!  Just searched for how to do this, and came upon your question that this site says that you updated just 6 hrs. ago.  With the many thousands of photos I have, I really wish that Adobe would help with such problems as this.  Doubtful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is possible if you do a search for the person you are interested in and then use the exclude modifier to remove any photos of other tagged people who may be in the same photos of the target person.  So, for example, search for Wife and add Husband, Son and Daughter to the Search terms.  Then use the - Exclude modifier to show photos with only Wife.

Snap_2022.01.23_14h40m49s_005.png

It's not perfect.  But it should work for most cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg, thanks for quick response.  But, please orient me - are you referring to Adobe Organizer?  Your illustration looks nothing like my Organizer 2021 interface.  Nevertheless, I've looked for where I would enter search terms and have the optionS of "AND", "OR" "EXCLUDE" I have no idea where they are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@RedSanders, click on the blue Search button at the top right of the Organizer window.  It takes you to a new window where you will find the text box to enter your search terms and to use the operators between them.  That search window also allows you to use the tabs in the left side panel to find and click on search terms such as People or Albums or Smart Tags.

Snap_2022.01.25_10h22m41s_000.png

Also, be aware that once you have completed your search in this way, you have to click on the Grid button at the top left of the window.  This will take you back to a filtered grid and you can then select and edit or tag the found files.

(And I agree that the Search button should be more visible.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines