• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

From Photoshop CS6 to Elements 2023

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo! I need a new Mac with an up to date OS - but I dont want to rent Photoshop as I am a basic user.

So - can I transfer all my pics (originals and optimized) from Photoshop CS 6 to Elements 2023?

Thank you!

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements is a database.  It does not store your photos in a separate location.  So, you will be able to import all of the photos stored on your computer into a catalog and you will be able to view and edit them in the Editor.  It has been so long since I have used CS6 so I don't know how it handled adjustments to raw files (whether the adjustments are made in the metadata or in a sidecar XML file).  Either way, I'm sure Elements will be able to handle them.

You can download a free trial of Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your photos aren't actually in CS6, they are just files on your computer. So transferring does not apply. What format do you save your files in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your replies!

These are .jpg files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines