• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

General question

Engaged ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to know if anyone can explain something to me as I don't know why it is happening.  I take a photograph inside the house. I have a white background. The images look white when viewed in the camera after the shot is taken. After transfering the images from the camera's memory card to the computer ( Photoshop Elements ), they turn dark grey. Why is this happening?  I have Windows 10.

TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wish I could help you, I was just about to go on line with support and ask them the same question, if I try to do something white, it comes out a real light blue or light grey, I never get a good pure white look.  If someone can tell us,why I sure sould like to know also!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hatstead's article explains why you are seeing what you are seeing. 

If the white balance of your camera was improperly set, probably the best/easiest way to fix it is to open the file in camera raw.  You don't have to have a raw file.  The File>Open in Camera Raw command allows you to edit a jpg or tif file in the camera raw editor.  Here, I have 3 screenshots of a jpg file adjusted for different white balance settings.  In the third, after finding the best white balance setting, I have used the eye-dropper tool to click on the white part of the dress to get as close to white as possible.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.12.15_10h31m07s_000_SnapCollage.png

Of course, other factors such as the calibration of your monitor and ambient lighting in your room also affect what you are seeing.  Many books have been written on this complex subject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines