• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HEIC Format

Participant ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new iPhone and have taken some important photos for a magzine this week.  Normally, I import my phone pictures onto my laptop, and then into Organizer but these pictures are HEIC, which I was unaware of.  They will not import into Organizer, and I cannot even see them on the PC.  I think I have changed the phone for future pictures being jpegs, but how can I change these 300 pictures already taken from HEIC into jpegs, or get them inot Organizer.  Many thanks

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Mac , Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

In order to display .heic images on your Windows computer, you have to install the free HEIF Image Extensions which you can get from the Microsoft Store:

Snap_2021.11.08_1h36m19s_005.png

Alternatively, if you have not deleted the files from your iPhone, you can change the settings on your iPhone and import the files again as jpegs.  To do this, go to your phone's Settings.  Go to the Photos app settings.  At the very bottom, there should be a setting for Transfer to Mac or PC.  You probably have it set to Keep Originals.  Chan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to display .heic images on your Windows computer, you have to install the free HEIF Image Extensions which you can get from the Microsoft Store:

Snap_2021.11.08_1h36m19s_005.png

Alternatively, if you have not deleted the files from your iPhone, you can change the settings on your iPhone and import the files again as jpegs.  To do this, go to your phone's Settings.  Go to the Photos app settings.  At the very bottom, there should be a setting for Transfer to Mac or PC.  You probably have it set to Keep Originals.  Change this to Automatic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for the answers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to add that you need to have Elements 2020 or later to import .heic photos to the Organizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still does not delete HEIC files. 

I cannot believe this problem is still going on 2022-07  Unfortunately I have too much time already investes in Elements organizing my pics.  Does anybody know of any other organizer software that does work properly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines