• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I erase in Photoshop 2023

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2023 Oct 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded Elements 2023 and I am lost. In my previous (though 8 year old) version I was able to make the background into a new layer that I could work with, I could use the background eraser to easily remove things in order to isolate at item in a photo.  I cannot find where to do ANY of this.  I am reading that the magic eraser is no longer an option?  I would love it if someone could point me to some good tutorials on this, my searching is getting me nowhere.  Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 14, 2023 Oct 14, 2023

First you need to be in Expert Mode then you'll have access to the Eraser Tools.

be.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 14, 2023 Oct 14, 2023

Where did you read that the Magic Eraser is no longer an option?  Jeff's suggestion that you be in Expert Mode will help you find the Magic Eraser tool since the default mode when opening the Editor is Quick Mode and the tool is not visible there.  If you have not found it yet, click on the Eraser Tool and the Magic Eraser Tool will be in the Tool Options panel at the bottom of the screen.

Ashampoo_Snap_Saturday, October 14, 2023_22h0m12s.png

You haven't told us exactly how you want to use the Magic Eraser tool, but there are several other tools

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First you need to be in Expert Mode then you'll have access to the Eraser Tools.

be.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you read that the Magic Eraser is no longer an option?  Jeff's suggestion that you be in Expert Mode will help you find the Magic Eraser tool since the default mode when opening the Editor is Quick Mode and the tool is not visible there.  If you have not found it yet, click on the Eraser Tool and the Magic Eraser Tool will be in the Tool Options panel at the bottom of the screen.

Ashampoo_Snap_Saturday, October 14, 2023_22h0m12s.png

You haven't told us exactly how you want to use the Magic Eraser tool, but there are several other tools in Elements 2023 that may be more suitable for your needs.  The Magic Eraser tool is really only a selection tool.  If you were previously using Elements 15, there have been been many advances since then to help you create a selection and use it to delete, the background to isolate the subject.  See this HelpX article for further help.  In particular, the Subject selection tool and the Auto Selection tool can often make a desired selection with one click or a click-and-drag.  You might also want to take a look at some of the Guided Edits, e.g. the Replace Background Guided Edit.  And, finally, when you don't know how to do something in Elements or want to find a tool, you can use the Search box on the Home Screen and ask a question in your own words.  Several articles and tutorials will then be shown to you.

Ashampoo_Snap_Saturday, October 14, 2023_22h14m40s.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, this was very helpful. I appreciate you taking the time to
respond.

--
*Danna Steffen*

[Personal information removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines