• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I remove recently edited images from showing in "Open Recently Edited File in Editor"

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just bought the product last month.  Upgraded from Photoshop Elements 8 and on the new product, every photo I have edited is showing in the "File" menu under "Open Recently Edited File in Editor".  There must be a way to change this in preferences, but I'm unable to figure it out 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The recently edited file internal list is always recorded, but you can choose how many recent files you can show, including 0.

Go to Edit > Preferences > Saving and see the bottom choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying, but your solution doesn't work. Using Elena's
Oranizer 20.0.0.0 I find it more of an annoyance than anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting your preferences to 0 does indeed answer the title of your post.

No recent files are shown and the option is greyed out in the menu.

If you mean something else, such as removing internally all trace of the files you edited recently, you are out of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "out of luck", do you mean that you can't set the number of recently edited items in Preferences to 0, then set that number to something other than zero and expect for recently edited items to appear in the recently edited items list?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Because I find that circumstance unacceptable, I found an option to replace the list of recently edited items in Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor, but it requires that the user is using a Mac, like me, and that the user is an Administrator on the Mac being used.

I can provide details, if needed (until I forget them), but to sum it up, I created another temporary admin user on the Mac, launched the Photoshop Editor as the new user, copied new Files in ~/Library/Preferences (as well as the By Host folder in that folder) created by Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor (after I created a new empty image) to the Shared user's folder, and (while logged back in as the original user) changed their ownership to me, then (while Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor isn't running) replaced the files that existed in my Preferences folder with the ones I had created as the temporary user.

I didn't do that because there's any big secret about the names or paths of files I had opened in the editor, rather because I decided that having 20 files that I had edited since I began using Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor that no longer existed on my computer was making it too complicated to use the recently opened menu item.

It seems to me that such a basic function as clearing the recently opened list is an annoyance that can't be justified for any reason by a software manufacturer as powerful as Adobe. It exemplifies why I usually try to find anybody else's software to do the same sorts of things on my computer before I'll consider Adobe's products.

And, yes, I'll admit that I'm an angry old man with too much time on my hands.

Good night.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines