• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I reverse sort order for folders

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my folder names are prefaced by the year and month (ex. 2020-08 Picture). The default sort order of the folder listing is lowest to highest value, so the oldest folders appear at the top and most current at the bottom. Is there a way to reverse the sort order of the folders so the most recent folder is at the top of the list and do not have to scroll down far each time I open Elements? 

TOPICS
How to , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

I don't know of any way to sort the folder panel in reverse order.  Elements is a database program, not a folder browser.  So, you can sort your files from oldest to newest or newest to oldest in the grid by using the Sort By dropdown.  You can also use Ctrl+L to toggle the timeline on at the top of the grid.  This allows you to jump to a month or year in your catalog.

Snap_2022.08.29_12h13m50s_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know of any way to sort the folder panel in reverse order.  Elements is a database program, not a folder browser.  So, you can sort your files from oldest to newest or newest to oldest in the grid by using the Sort By dropdown.  You can also use Ctrl+L to toggle the timeline on at the top of the grid.  This allows you to jump to a month or year in your catalog.

Snap_2022.08.29_12h13m50s_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't.

That's normal for the organizer which is built on a database and NOT on a folder structure. It can perform folder management too, but that's not where the powerful and 'custom' management resides,  with your own categories, subcategories, albums, version sets, stacks etc. You can choose your sort order by date (asc. or desc.), filename, import batch...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines