• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you combine multiple photos into one PDF file using PSE 14?

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to combine multiple PSE photos into 1 file saved as PDF using PSE 14?  Any assistance is appreciated!

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that you want to create a photo collage on one page as a pdf file or do you want to create a multi-page pdf file with different photos on each page?

If you want to create a single page collage, simply save the file as a pdf, by using the drop down menu for Save as type:

Snap10_2019.07.12_17h57m48s_002_.png

If you want to create a multi-page pdf, I think you will have to create a photo book and Print it to the Auto Adobe PDF printer that I believe is included in Elements 14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2019 Jul 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. I want to create a multi-page pdf file with different photos on each page. I want to avoid having to pay and use Acrobat Reader to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then, use a virtual pdf printer as explained above.

Which is your OS version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diane84  wrote

Thanks for your help. I want to create a multi-page pdf file with different photos on each page. I want to avoid having to pay and use Acrobat Reader to do this.

You don't have to pay for Acrobat Reader (it's free) but it does not create multipage pdf files. You don't need Acrobat subscription with all the other available solutions mentionned above.

I just checked that PSE12 and PSE15 offer the share option with email and pdf slideshow. I would be surprised if PSE14 was different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also create multipage pdfs from the 'Share' panel, with 'email' and 'pdf slideshow'. Those are available in recent PSE versions, I think they are available in  PSE14.

It looks like Adobe is limiting severely the ability to manage pdfs from Elements and hopes you to subscribe to Acrobat.

A little known fact about pdf formats is that the usual Acrobat/Illustrator format is no longer supported in recent Organizer versions. Only the 'Photoshop pdf' format is supported for your catalogs. That format combines a plain Acrobat pdf with a full psd format (even with layers). The good things are that the files open directly in the Acrobat Reader and in the editor while being managed in your catalogs. The bad thing is that the format creates huge size files.

I'd say that most Elements users won't subscribe to an Acrobat plan just for a few creations. So they are tempted to go to the competition. The usual choice is to download a free 'virtual pdf printer driver'. This software installs a printer driver which creates a pdf file instead of printing from your printer. You 'print', you don't 'save as'.

Beware of many free drivers, you don't know what kind of malware/addware may be hidden...

My choice is to use the Microsoft 'Print to pdf' driver installed automatically with Windows 10. I believe you have similar tools for Macs.

If you are interested by more pdf features, you might consider the open source softwares Scribus or Inkscape (similar to Indesign and Illustrator).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michel is correct. You can create a multipage pdf file using the Elements Organizer 14's Share>PDF slideshow option.  This option sends a multi-page PDF via email. 

Snap10_2019.07.13_01h49m24s_003_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response and assistance.  Unfortunately, I only have Flickr, Facebook and Twitter as options in "SHARE". There is no PDF slideshow listed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diane84  wrote

Thank you for your response and assistance.  Unfortunately, I only have Flickr, Facebook and Twitter as options in "SHARE". There is no PDF slideshow listed.

The PDF Slideshow in EO 14 seems to require that you set up your email for sharing.  So, try setting up your email account to work with Elements.  Go to Edit>Preferences>Email to set it up.  Once that is done, I suspect that Share will also show both Email and PDF Slideshow.  (I am assuming that you have a Windows OS.  If not, I don't know whether Mac has this feature included.)

Snap10_2019.07.13_12h07m10s_001_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using MacOs 10.14.5 Mojave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the PDF Slideshow in the pse 14 organizer here on mac OS X 10.11

14b.png

Go to Elements Organizer>Preferences>Adobe Partner Services and click Refresh and hopefully that will get you the PDF Slideshow.

​14a.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just followed your instructions and refreshed the Adobe partner services, but I am still not getting the PDF slideshow option under Share.  Very odd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diane84  wrote

I just followed your instructions and refreshed the Adobe partner services, but I am still not getting the PDF slideshow option under Share.  Very odd

Did you set up the email sharing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know why others havent mentioned it, but there is a much simple way is most of the recent Photoshop versions.

1. Open photoshop > Files > Automate > PDF Presentation.

2. Select the images from the window in the order you want the pdf to be created. (All pages can be selected together by pressing Cmd or Cntrl, but click on first page image first, second page image then, like that. Alternatively, rename the pages in order, then you can select all in one go.

3.Select the output option as multi page document instead of pdf presentation. 

4.Click save, and add choose the location you want to save the document. You can add document details like author, name etc here. Also you can choose background color, compression methods etc.

Thats it, as simple as that..photoshop will open these images and close them. Then you can see the pdf saved oin the location preferred. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop elements does not have File>Automate>PDF Presentation.

That's only in the full photoshop from Creative Cloud, which is by subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines