• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to convert colour files to CMYK on Photoshop Elements

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a bookcover designed for me and provided as a Jpeg. I need it as a PDF without a colour profile. If I open it in Photoshop and convert it to a Photoshop PDF, and then upload it to the Print on Demand firm (Ingram Spark), I get a message telling me they want files with no colour profile and that i must convert the colour to CMYK and remove all colour profiles. However, I cannot find any option to convert to CMYK on my Photoshop Elements. Any ideas gratefully received.

Thanks

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Hi Cornelia,

Unfortunately, Adobe Photoshop Elements doesn't support the CMYK color space. This is one of the main distinguishing differences between Photoshop Elements (a consumer-oriented software application) and Adobe Photoshop CC (a professional-level software application). Don't get me wrong, Photoshop Elements can produce "professional-quality" work, hence its popularity, but there are certain advanced features which are purely the domain of Photoshop.

In a lot of cases now, print-on-

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Cornelia,

Unfortunately, Adobe Photoshop Elements doesn't support the CMYK color space. This is one of the main distinguishing differences between Photoshop Elements (a consumer-oriented software application) and Adobe Photoshop CC (a professional-level software application). Don't get me wrong, Photoshop Elements can produce "professional-quality" work, hence its popularity, but there are certain advanced features which are purely the domain of Photoshop.

In a lot of cases now, print-on-demand services are quite used to receiving RGB files and include converting them to CMYK as part of their pre-press service. To be honest, IngramSpark appear to be following a very traditional old-style print workflow and for them to have to produce a 35-page heavy-going technical manual (PDF) covering their submission guidelines is ultimately going to scare off many potential customers.

Compare that with Lulu who have a much more modern print workflow and actually prefer RGB files which their printers will then automatically convert to CMYK. Their Book Creation Guide is a lot easier to read too 🙂

So you might want to reconsider your publisher of choice...

If not, then the best value option for subscribing to Adobe Photoshop CC, is the Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan which is priced at $9.99 per month:

Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan

You can also take advantage of a free, 7 day trial if you want to check it out first before committing yourself to a subscription. Just remember to cancel it before the 7 days are up, or you'll be automatically charged for a subscription!

Photography plan trial (it's the middle option)

Hope that helps 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines