• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to copy Albums from Photoshop lements 2013 to new laptop with PSE 2022

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all I need explanations in plain language if possible as my computing skills are limited.

I have  a Windows 10 laptop with about 25,000 photos organized in Albums in PSE2013 but I have just bought a new laptop and I am planning to install PSE2022. I want to make sure I can do this without losing all the captions , people recognition and clearly the albums in which the photos are organized. I remember reading some where that it was necessary first to save metadata to file but when I do this from the file menu it is using a lot of memory of which I am running short.

Is that necessary and what is the best way to tranfer/copy from one laptop to the other? Last time when moving from version PSE10 to 13 I tried using the Back up catalog/ Restore catalog facility but it didn't work.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @corradom33202328 

Please do the full backup by following the steps provided here  https://helpx.adobe.com/elements-organizer/mac-app-store/backup-restore-catalogs.html.

Once done with that try to resotre the catalog on your new machine by selecting backup.tly file present inside the backup folder and then covert the same.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines