• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to deactivate Photoshop Elements

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2012 Feb 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know how to do this. I need to install my disc on a new computer and it told me my serial number is good for 2 computers and i need to deactivate one

please send replys to my email address

[Email address removed]

Message was edited by: Brett N

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Hi all,

You can deactivate Photoshop Elements from the old computer or for moving the software from one computer to another by following the below steps:

1. Open Photoshop Elements
  2. Launch Editor
  3. Go to Help Menu 
  4. Click on Sign out Or Deactivate

Note: The machine should be connected to the internet at the time when you are performing these steps. For more information related to Activation and Deactivation take a look at the following article: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/activate-deactivate-products.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 103 Replies 103
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i can not free my licence of photoshop elemnts 14 and premiere Elements 14.

In former times there was under help a menu to logout, but since the update there is no Option to do that. Who can help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot showing us your Help menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi eberhardz,

Thanks for posting in Adobe forums.

I understand you are facing issue with the deactivation of Adobe Photoshop Elements 14.

- You open the Editor on your old PC and on the menu bar click Help >> Deactivate

- If that doesn’t work you need to contact support at the link below. Click I need help with deactivation and it’s often possible to initiate live chat by clicking here.

- You can also reply me via DM in you message box.

Thanks

Regards

Dhananjay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hilfe.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think i will uninstall the Software, and install it new from the CD. Before applying the updates it was possible to deactivate it over the help menu....could this work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi eberhardz,

Thanks you for providing screenshot but this will not help us.

Please reply my back in your message box so that I can check complete details of your account & serial numbers.

Thanks

Regards

Dhananjay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, but where can i switch?nu

If i click on the Icon there is no longer a menu to select if i start the program...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Waller has the solution. I was in the organizer, if i started. No i could  it change to start premiere/photoshop elements and there is the correct help menu.

Now the Problem is solved.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That screenshot is from the Organizer.

Switch to the Editor and Deactivate should be in the Help menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just upgraded to Photoshop and Premiere Elements 14.  How do I deactivate my versions 11?  There is no sign out option under the help menu tab as mentioned in some FAQ's on this topic.  Alternatively do I need to deactivate these version before uninstalling them?  I have Windows 10 if this makes any difference.  Thanks for any advice.  Phileosfog

Adobe Premiere Elements11.0MultipleJanuary 8, 2013
Adobe Photoshop Elements11.0MultipleJanuary 8, 2013

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of Sign-Out there should be Help>Deactivate in pse 11.

Yes you should deactivate pse 11 before uninstalling.

Though not technically required it will keep all your entitled installs intact.

pse-11.png

pre-11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Photoshop Elements​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, 

Now found it under the editor help tab.  I had only looked under the organiser help tab.  Both are now deactivated so presumably OK to uninstall both Photoshop and Premiere Elements 11and this will not affect Photoshop and Premiere Elements 14 (which are upgrade versions)?   Phileosfog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might affect pse 14, so it would be best to uninstall pse 14. pre 14, pse 11 and pre 11, then reinstall pse 14 and pre 14.

"Upgrade" in terms of adobe products is just a term for the pricing.

The actual program is separate from the old one, but uninstalling earlier versions can sometimes affect newer versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have elements 9 installed on 2 computers, I have recently bought and installed elements 2020 and wish to remove elements 9 and give the disc to my son so that he can try it out.

When I open the program as administrator and click on Help Deactivate nothing happens. This occurs on both the computers. Elements 9 works OK but the deactivate does not work.

How do I deactivate the 2 programs or do I even need to for it to work on a 3rd computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look for a "sign out" option in the Help menu (where it is on v2019).  This will take care of deactivation on each machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

I have elements 9 and elements 2020. I do not have v2019. There is no sign out option in elements 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never had PSE9, but in my PSE10, the 'deactivate' option is functional. The menu Help >> Sign out replaced 'deactivate' in more recent versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I sign on to windows using a non admin account the help deactivate comes up with a message saying that I need admin privileges. When I sign on to windows using my admin account the help deactivate does nothing, the windows circle timer goes for about 1 second and then nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strictly if it wouldn't matter to you ... will Control Panels let you uninstall it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold up, Kev.  On second thought I'm not sure that wouldn't open up another can of worms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have looked at that page before, it just sends me round in circles. If I try to use the contact facility elements is not listed and if I select the option for old software it just directs me to this community forum!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if one of the chat staff could zero both activations for you?  Do you have an Adobe account? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines