Exit

ACTIVATION SUPPORT TO ADJUST YOUR ACTIVATION COUNT

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please i need help regarding my CS6 master collections

need to access my products activation / deactivation in my account

and customer support said they only handle cloud plans....

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (= cryptic icon in the lower right)

kglad_0-1623760908230.png

in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

request an activation count reset.  if you ask anything else, you'll probably be referred back here where you'll get no help with that reset.

<moved from cc services>

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

See chat transcript.

kglad_0-1624201000877.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Abambo, Nancy, Kglad, John, and DJ Creative Enthusiast, thank you for the spirited discussion regarding Creative Suite activations.  Kglad, you really went the extra mile by verifying with our chat support team that we can still adjust the activations for Creative Suite!

Cyril, the guidance provided by Kglad, John Smith, Nancy, and Abambo is correct. If you exceed the number of allowable activations for Creative Suite 4 or later, please begin a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (= cryptic icon in the lower right)

kglad_0-1623760908230.png

in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

request an activation count reset.  if you ask anything else, you'll probably be referred back here where you'll get no help with that reset.

<moved from cc services>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Customer support are the ONLY people who can do this. They often refuse because your app is too old and out of support. But if you keep trying it may work. Tip: DO NOT MENTION CS6 or MASTER COLLECTION. Just say you need an "Activation Count Reset". Do not offer any more info unless asked, do not complain, be very polite. Maybe someone will eventually help. But maybe time is up for CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cyril,

Thank you for posting your query here.

Please be informed that there is no Activation server available for resetting or deactivation of Creative Suite ( Serial Key based) licenses unlike the Creative Cloud products. And that is the reason Adobe Support Team cannot help either. Also, they cannot track on how many devices the Serial Key was used. 

Although there is a compliance Team who audits the number of installs performed versus the number of licenses purchased. 

My suggestion is, if you are trying to de-activate the CS6 license from a computer that is accessible and in use, please Uninstall the product from the computer that will deactivate the licensing file. In case you are unable to access the computer or computer is dead, you may install the license on another device provided the number of installs does not exceed the License count as per the Order details purchased. 

Hope this helps. 

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dj_Creative_Enthusiast 

the info you gave is contrary to what i believe to be true.  that's not to say you're incorrect and i'm correct, but one of us has it all wrong.

i'd like to see if it's me that has it wrong, so i have 2 questions:

1. where did you get the info about the cs6 activation servers being offline?  

the latest i can find is this, Activation and deactivation troubleshooting (adobe.com) which says cs5, cs5.5 and cs6 activation servers sitll work (for now).  of course a lot of adobe pages are out-of-date, so that's not necessarily the last word (even for now).

2. where did you get the info that uninstalling (without deactivating) would allow more activations?

i've never seen that anywhere anytime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad  - As having worked with Adobe Support - handling Volume Licensing and Creative Cloud for Teams for close to six Years, I intended to inform the customer that there is no access for Activation Server (It's a Tool) for Technical Support Team to check the Activation status and help in resetting or deactivation of Creative Suite ( Serial Key based) license. Whereas for Creative Cloud users, the Activation Server Tool can track the Activation Count and Activation history for any Subscription based licenses.

And the Suggestion that I have shared is the same that Adobe Support Team provides to its Serial Key based customers for this query. You may reach out to Adobe Support Team and verify the same for your reference.

As per the latest help article that you have shared  Activation and deactivation troubleshooting (adobe.com) , if you refer to the section : Have you lost access to your previous computer? , it mentions If you cannot access the previous computer on which you installed the app—whether it was stolen, was lost, crashed, or locked— you need to contact Adobe to deactivate the app.Which means that customer needs to contact Support Team again and then they mention about Denial of support for CS licenses. 

My intent for participating in forums is to provide the resolutions that are shared in reality by Adobe Support Team as I have been a part of the Team for good 6 years and the resolutions might or might  not be mentioned in Customer facing help articles necessarily but will definitely try to reduce customer effort. 

I hope I have answered your query.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dj_Creative_Enthusiast 

i'm still confused.  has there been a recent (eg, past 2 months) change in the cs6 activation servers?

if not, the activation servers for cs6 are still available both for customer activations and for customer deactivations.  for an end-user to activate on a particular computer, they need access to that computer and that computer needs to be online.   during installation they'll be prompted to activate and failing that, during the trial period they can still open the program > click help > click activate.

for an end-user to deactivate on a particular computer, they need access to that computer and the adobe product in question has to still be installed, working and the computer needs to be online.  they would then open the program > click help > click deactivate.

for an end-user to deactivate on a computer to which they no longer have access or on which the adobe product was removed before deactivating, they need to contact adobe support and request an activation count reset which deactivates from all computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad  - My response lay more emphasis on the instance "for an end-user to deactivate on a computer to which they no longer have access " - as resolution provided is that user needs to contact Adobe Support Team and request an Activation count reset. 

First of all,  please be informed that for Creative Suite,  End of core support was on 5/31/2017 & End of extended support was on - 5/31/2019. Hence referring customer to Support Team is again like asking them to contact Support Team in order to hear that they no longer offer Support. 

And, there is no such option available for resetting activation Count for Creative Suite (Serial Key based) licenses offered by Support Team. Please refer to https://helpx.adobe.com/support/programs/eol-matrix.html 

Customers can Activate or deactivate the product from within the program only when they have access to the computer.

To attain more clarity, you may try contacting Adobe Support Team and inform them that you have a CS6 License and needs assistance with Resetting the activation count and please share the response you receive form Support Team. 

I feel only offering customer the link to contact Support Team might not actually help users when we understand that the product is beyond End of extended Support period. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they weren't offered just a link to support:  they were informed "request an activation count reset.  if you ask anything else, you'll probably be referred back here where you'll get no help with that reset."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way I see it, it really does not matter much if they ask only for Activation count reset or if they ask anything else as eventually they need to share the CS6 license details and then they will be informed about the product being beyond End of extended Support period.

And there is a Big No-No for CS products activation count Reset from Support Team. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's new to me, and newsworthy.

you're saying cs6, as well as, cs 5 and 5.5 version users will no longer be helped (by adobe support) with an activation count reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See chat transcript.

kglad_0-1624201000877.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kglad,

Thank you so much for taking this up with support directly.  It's gratifying to know that Adobe Support agents still honor requests for an activation count reset.  🙂 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i hope we're done with this thread (unless the op returns and reads any of @Dj_Creative_Enthusiast 's posts).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CS2-CS3-CS4 activation servers have been removed from service
-https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite.html?promoid=19SCDRQK

The above link does NOT say CS5-CS6 server is gone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dj_Creative_Enthusiast 

Nonesense.  Your information is incorrect.

@Cyril Schneider,

Adobe customer support's job is to reset activation count when requested.  If the agent can't do it, ask for a supervisor and don't take NO for an answer.   BTW, that's ALL they can help you with because CS is discontinued and unsupported software.

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:

=========
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nancy OShea - Kindly be mindful about your responses. I have been a part of the Adobe Support Team for almost six years for Adobe Volume Licensing and Creative Cloud for Teams until recently and I have personally handled this similar query atleast not less than One hundred times. 

It doesn't matter whether the resolution shared makes sense to you or not, please try to Connect to any Supervisor in Adobe Support Team and tell them it is their Job to resolve and reset the activation count and please feel free to share their responses. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are or have been part of the Adobe Support Team why is your badge ACP and not that of an employee?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dj_Creative_Enthusiast,

I'll ask senior level management to clarify what should happen when a customer requests an activation count reset for their individual CS5 or CS6 license.  What you're saying is NOT consistent with what we were told by management. 

If the policy on activation counts has changed recently, we would certainly need to be informed lest the right hand isn't aware of what the left hand is doing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not need to uninstall, you can simply deactivate:

Abambo_0-1624132936318.png

Then and especially to bring some hard facts into the arguments exchanged by @Dj_Creative_Enthusiast and @Nancy OShea and @kglad, I want you to consult the following links and messages from current Adobe employees:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/activate-deactivate-adobe-apps/td-p/11353584

This post is from 2020 and up to my information, there have been no changes in that.

This post has been merged with older posts because those older posts are still relevant (I explicitly asked that question in the appropriate forum):

And messages from @Jeff A Wright :

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/activate-deactivate-adobe-apps/m-p/3766635#M513666

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/activate-deactivate-adobe-apps/m-p/3766691#M513722

What he says is that Adobe cannot deactivate remotely older software. But they can reset the activation count. And that is done by Adobe customer care. Adobe customer care can be contacted by beginning a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen. If the chat window fails to open, or is non-responsive, use a different device to start the interaction.

(see also here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703 or here
https://community.adobe.com/t5/account-payment-plan/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11843852)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Abambo, Nancy, Kglad, John, and DJ Creative Enthusiast, thank you for the spirited discussion regarding Creative Suite activations.  Kglad, you really went the extra mile by verifying with our chat support team that we can still adjust the activations for Creative Suite!

Cyril, the guidance provided by Kglad, John Smith, Nancy, and Abambo is correct. If you exceed the number of allowable activations for Creative Suite 4 or later, please begin a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html.  I would also recommend bookmarking https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/error-activation-limit-reached-sign.html which discusses the deactivation process for Creative Suite 4 and later.

DJ Creative Enthusiast, I appreciate your suggestions. The process has been slightly different for our volume license holders, especially if the organization has an active Creative Cloud for Team or Enterprise membership.  Please don't hesitate to leverage your experience in the Enterprise & Teams community forum at https://community.adobe.com/t5/enterprise-teams/bd-p/enterprise-and-teams/.  The community can benefit from your direct experience with these license types.  The Download and Install forum is primarily aimed at individual/retail licenses, so the solutions discussed/offered may not be applicable for organizations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines