• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Delete Entire Catalog on MacBook Pro

Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to delete all the files and  folders I have in PSE 2020. Photos are all mixed up in the wrong folders.  Once they were in the correct folders. 

From Tree view, I plan to delete all the dated folders and some of the unusual ones named 1, 2, 3, etc. Then I plan to attach my external hard drive, my backup, and re-install my photo catalog. Is this the correct way I should handle this situation on a MacBook Pro? I welcome any guidance, including step-by-step advice.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

It’s probably best to start a new catalog rather than deleting folders and importing from an external drive. I assume you mean a Time Machine backup. You don’t want to restore from an Elements backup otherwise you will be re-creating same mess.

From Organizer go to:

File > Manage Catalogs

Click New

Choose a name e.g. MyCatlog2 or whatever you prefer (you can skip the mp3 music files unless you intend to use the tracks in slideshows) then click OK

When the new empty catalog opens you are ready to im

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s probably best to start a new catalog rather than deleting folders and importing from an external drive. I assume you mean a Time Machine backup. You don’t want to restore from an Elements backup otherwise you will be re-creating same mess.

From Organizer go to:

File > Manage Catalogs

Click New

Choose a name e.g. MyCatlog2 or whatever you prefer (you can skip the mp3 music files unless you intend to use the tracks in slideshows) then click OK

When the new empty catalog opens you are ready to import photos on your connected dive.

N.B. You will need to re-create keywords, albums etc. although any metadata embedded in files can be picked up,on import by choosing select all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jon for advising me to just start a new catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines