• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to launch Photoshop Elements Directly

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed Photoshop  Elements 2020. How can I open it without the organizer (or whatever its called)?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

I can only give you a couple of suggestions based on Windows 10.  I have no idea how to do it with a Mac.

• In File Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2020\ .   Right click on the PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe file and choose Send to>Desktop (create shortcut).  This will create a desktop icon that you can double-click to open the program directly.
  • With the program open, right-click on the taskbar icon and select Pin to taskbar.  The program will then always be availab

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only give you a couple of suggestions based on Windows 10.  I have no idea how to do it with a Mac.

• In File Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2020\ .   Right click on the PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe file and choose Send to>Desktop (create shortcut).  This will create a desktop icon that you can double-click to open the program directly.
  • With the program open, right-click on the taskbar icon and select Pin to taskbar.  The program will then always be available from the taskbar icon.

BTW, I assume you are asking how to avoid going through the Home Screen to open each individual program.  It is certainly not necessary to open the Organizer in order to go to the Editor.  You may also want to be aware that links to your latest edited files are found in the Home Screen.  So, if you want to work on a recently edited image, you can click on the Recent Files links that are in the lower right corner of the Home Screen, and it will open in the Editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know! (I'm also Windows 10)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The advice still hold for Photoshop Elements 2024. The setup creates a shortcut to the Photoshop Elements 2024 Home screen.
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2024\Elements Home\Adobe Photoshop Elements 2024.exe

If you want to start with the Photo Editor make a shortcut to this:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2024\PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those of us who do not want to waste our time on the splash screen and then have to wait again for the editor to open, this is a waste of time. I rarely use the orgnaizer and I use the editor a lot. having to sit and wait for 2 programs to load up everytime I want to do an edit is rediculous. We used to be able to bypass this in the past. 

This is the kind of stuff that makes me skip 2 to 3 versions before I update. 

They should think more about their users. No way I'd try their cloud services when the desktop software isn't convenient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kirkk50220313,

I'm sorry you have such a low pain threshold.  If right-clicking the Editor's icon and pinning it to the Taskbar (so you always have access to it with one click) is too much trouble, I don't think there's much any of us can say to you. 

If you wish to register a feature request, you may do so here.  However, I should warn you that it may take several mouse clicks, some scrolling and some text entry to file your request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You missed the point.

If a developer makes a change which does not improve the user experience, but actually lowers the quality of the experience you can tell them. I've seen other developers correct a change they made based on user input.

In this case there was a previous setting you used to be able to use to bypass the start up screen. They took that away. As a paying client who has paid for Adobe software programs for over a decade, I don't have a problem speaking up when I have a complaint.

Most people do not need to upgrade every year, and when the user experience takes a hit, many won't. I've skipped at least 2 upgrades twice because of changes I sw in a trial I didn't like. 

That's the kind of stuff  most developers want to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . .  which is why I gave you a link to make your point known, if you feel so strongly about it.  This is a user to user forum.  AFAIK, it is not monitored regularly by the developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry you have such a poor understanding of user needs. If one person asks, many many more have the issue. Not all of them will actually be able to easily deal with this issue. (Remember than Windows default settings hide file extensions and hide some files.)

I believe that earlier versions of PSE did have an option to set the editor to open, rather than the organizer.

More generally, your sarcastic comment was completely uncalled for. Maybe step away when you're in this kind of mood, or if this is who you are, delete your account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PilgrimShoes 

You are not speaking to Adobe here. Did you read the solution detailed by Greg? I don't find anything sarcastic about Greg's advice. It's easy to do and you you know how to tell Adobe what you think about that feature. It has already reported many times and you can add your votes. The workaround to create a direct shortcut for the editor is known since may years and mentioned several times here. It's a pity the present forum does not provide an efficient search engine to find  questions which have already been answered several times. (By the way, look at the number of useful answers and likes that Greg has earned).

Just imagine that, some day, you want to be helpful by volunteering in this community:  I can guarantee that you'll get similar posts like yours if you simply dare to state factual data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Greg I'm not here to MOAN and gripe at you or Adobe.I just installed Adobe Elements 2021. I just tried what you suggested to open the PHOTO EDITOR with one right click on the icon that did not work, I also tried some of the other suggested remedies, BUT they didn't work either. Is this remedy supposed to work on 2020 and 2021 or is there a different remedy for each.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALNRDOH,

Greg's instructions DO work! The only difference for PSE 2021 is that in File Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2021 (you can copy & paste this into the Explorer address bar). Also, be sure that File Extensions are visible by checking File name extensions in the Explorer View menu.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ALNRDOH,  I suspect that, in the folder mentioned by Walter, you clicked on the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 shortcut.  This simply takes you to the Home Screen.  In order to open the Editor directly, you need to follow my instructions with the PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe file which is listed in File Explorer as an Application.Ashampoo_Snap_2020.12.07_11h54m57s_000_SnapCollage.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed PSE 2021 and there is no file called PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe.What can I do to get direct access to the editor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now found it. I don't seem to be able to edit or delete my posts here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg, 

You're exactly right. I taught a short class on PSE 2021 recently and showed users how to go right to the Photo Editor by tweakng the properties of their desktop (and taskbar) icon to go right to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2021\PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe" Not the shortcut executable located at "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2021\Elements Home\Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021.exe" located in the same subdirectory.  

I also show them how to bring up the Adobe Home screen with all the features by simply going to the Windows (10) start menu and clicking on PSE 2021. 

Best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES.  Pin to Start or Pin to Taskbar right from the real executable.  Elements starts quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incredible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add a wrinkle, I just received an offer for Elements 2021 and bought it through Microsoft. It installed automatically and works fine but goes to the initial splash screen. I can't find the exe under the two Program Files \ Adobe folders and believe that Microsoft has squirreled it away under some app directory that I don't have access to (WindowsApps). I followed steps in the following article and can find the app but wasn't able to run it directly or put a shortcut on the task bar. 

https://www.maketecheasier.com/access-windowsapps-folder-windows-10/

The only PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe that was found in a search was my 2015 version. I guess I'll have to take the few seconds to launch the splash and then the editor, sigh. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@paulplato, Start the Editor via the Home Screen and then right-click on the taskbar icon and choose Pin to taskbar. This will put the Editor icon on your taskbar and it stays there even after you close the program.

2021-09-11 18_40_06-.png

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@paulplato, thanks for posting this information.  Yet another reason not to buy Elements from the Microsoft Store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am late to this discussion but in Windows 10 any program you launch can be pinned to the taskbar once you open it. So if you open up the Essentials and then open up the Photoshop Editor, find the icon on the taskbar and choose to pin it. Pretty easy. Then you can launch directly to the Editor from here on out.

I have PE 2021 and like it. It has a new interface that took me a short while to get used to. I had been using PE 2.0, a free program I got with a computer. I dont miss the floating toolbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop Elements 2022 and going to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2022\PhotoshopElementseditor.exe does not work.  I'm an admin on my own computer, and I can double-click on this until the cows come home and it will NOT start the Editor.  It does NOT show up in Task Manager.

I cannot drag a shortcut to my Windows 11 desktop and have it work.  I cannot run it from the CMD line in the start menu.

What the heck?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines