• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How To Remove A Covid Mask Off A Face?

Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the 'wizards' here have helped me in the past resolve the last issue, could someone here in the Community  kindly guide me as to how I can remove a Covid-19 face mask of a photograph so that only the face shows, e.g. a friend being presented with an award?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It  would help if you post the picture or a similar one for us to look at. My initial reply is that if the mask covers 2/3 of the face, I can't see how you can clone over this and have it look ok. What would be the source for nose & mouth??

If you can gain access to another picture (without mask) of your friend, it should not be too difficullt to copy/paste  the "replacement" face on the picture at issue. You will have to adjust brightness & contrast as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get the friend to re-pose in exactly the same position, facing the same direction, with the same lighting. Replace entire face or head. Look for and replicate shadows from the situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for those two replies, and suggestions. The mask only covers the lower chin and part of the lower lips.

As to posting the image of my friend wearing that face-mask, I am not altogther sure that I have the company's permission to use their images, and I think replicating the same scenario and setting when that friend received that award could prove to bve nigh impossible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In view of the very limited coverage by the mask, suggest that you try the clone stamp tool.

1. Set up the clone stamp tool. On the tool's option bar, check "Sample all layers"

2. Open the image

3. Open a blank layer above this, then do the cloning on this layer - perhaps start with the chin

4. If this is ok, open another blank layer and clone the lip. If it turns out that you wish to start over, you can delete this layer.

5. Open another blank layer and use the brush tool to paint gently over any spots that need to be tidied up.

6. The point is work on separate layers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that reply.

Just tried your tips, but as I am not an Adobe expert, more a total novice,
all I managed to down as open a blank layer above the original image and
that's where I got stuck.

If it's okay with you, will PM you the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok with me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still awaiting a fresh non-face mask wearing shot from my friend before I can take it further to solve it.

Thanks for all the helpful answers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OP sent me a private message with the picture. I also requested a non-mask picture, but OP has not sent it. The picture shows an award recipient with the mask covering the nose, lips, chin, and part of the neck. The ball is in his court.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did send a reply that I had not yet received a photograph without the
award recipient wearing a face mask and am still awaiting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  Am having a hard time remiving Covid mask from under chin in a picture. Would you be willing to help me out if I sent to you?  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Looking forward to work on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attached to a separate message.  Please let me know if you did not get it.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for multiple messages.  I'm not seeing my latest so not sure it sent.  Should I attach picture here or send a different way? I believe I sent directly to you on separate message but not sure I did it properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I received private message and replied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines