• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove cardstock/canvas texture from a scanned image

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this Christmas photo card that I would like to convert to digital form. The problem is that the photo was printed on that canvas-y cardstock material that people like to use for their flat Christmas cards. I'm having trouble finding instructions on smoothing this texture out. Originally, the scan is a huge file -- 10,000 x 14,000 pixels. Would anyone like to share their ideas?

(Sorry, I'm sure it would be helpful to show more of the photo, but I didn't want to include any faces since this is a public site.)

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would really help if you post the picture ( or similar) so that we have a better understading as to the issue. You can use the blur tool on the faces in order to preclude identity.

My initial thought would be to open a new, blank file. This would be your new canvas. Then use one of the selection tools on the postcard file to select the foreground, and copy/paste to the canvas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines