• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to save picture in a WORD doc as a jpg image?

Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2011 Jan 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a WORD doc file where there is a picture that I want to crop and then save as a jpg file for further editing.  When I tried to open this doc file in PSE, I got an error message saying PSE could not open this type of file (doc).  But in WORD I am not able to save as a jpg. Thanks.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The simplest method is to open the word document and make sure the image is fairly central so that everything is visible on your PC monitor.

Then Press the Print Screen key (near the top on the right-hand side of your keyboard - usually next to the Scroll Lock key)

Then open Elements in Full Edit mode and click File >>New >>Image from Clipboard.

Crop away the surrounding window and then save as a jpeg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked like a charm even if the quality isn't the best.  But at least it serves the intended purpose.  I was able to publish it at a website. Thanks very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Windows 7, you should have the snipping tool. You can outline the picture with the tool and save it as JPEG file, then bring it into Elements. No need for additional cropping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try saving your document as a web page (File>Save as Web Page)

to your desktop and then inside the folder named after your document should be the

picture file, which can be opened in photoshop elements.

Untitled-4.png

MTSTUNER

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!! It worked!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my tricks  image to doc

https://goo.gl/cJCLJY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines