• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to upgrade from Elements 9 to Latest release

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just retired and have more time for photography and post processing.

I have Photoshop Elements 9 cd rom for Windows & Mac and am considering what to upgrade....

It's my intention to move from Windows laptop to MacBook very soon

My questions:

1. Is it possible to upgrade to the latest version of Elements when my intention is to move to Mac OS?

2. Does the upgrade path need the original software already installed on the target laptop?

In my case, Elements 9 is installed on my Windows 10 laptop but I'd like to switch to the Mac platform when I've bought a MacBook.
I see that I can pay £70.91 for an upgrade online but it forces me to choose Windows OR Mac.

I'd hate to buy the Mac upgrade only to find that I cannot install it on the new MacBook.

3. Does anyone know if there's a tutorial on how the upgrade is applied?

4. Is it best just to purchase the new version when I get the MacBook?

Sorry if I'm repeating often asked questions but I could not find any similar question.

Thanks for any responses in advance

Steve

TOPICS
Download and install , How to , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

Your PSEv.9 - Windows will not work on your new Mac.  When you get your new machine, install the 30-day free trial of PSEv.24 - Mac. If everthing is ok, purchase the license subsequently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PSE V9 came with both Windows and Mac solutions.

Is your answer referring to the Windows or Mac solutions or both?

Thanks for replying so quickly

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new purchase should be for the Mac platform if you aquire a Mac. Once you have your new machine, install the 30-day trial, and make the purchase subsequently. You may get a discount from Adobe as a repeat customer, but at times one can purchase the software for less from the big box stores or from Amazon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to be clear:

The upgrade is just a discount on the new version.  It is independent of the old version, and both can coexist on the same computer.  But you will need to purchase it for the intended operating system.

You don't need to have the old version installed, but you will need to enter the old version serial number when prompted.

If you purchase directly from Adobe, you will have 30 days to ask for a refund if it is not compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines