• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How To Use A Brush To Draw A Straight Line Cone

Participant ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In PS Elements left clicking a brush followed by Shift+Click in another location will draw a straight line.

In Lightroom its possible to left click the adjustment brush, then enlarge the brush with the arrow keys, then Shift + Click to draw a straight line cone. This is useful, for example, when painting on dramatic light rays. 

I would love to use a brush to draw a straight line cone in PS Elements using the shift + click method. I have tried withgout success. Is this possible? Your advice would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Chris

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if I fully understand you with respect to how you are drawing the cone.  But, you can create a Brightness/Contrast adjustment layer and use a brush to paint the light cone on the mask.  You can use shift-click to draw a straight line on the mask.  Here is a crude example.  (The lines are not completely straight because I quickly filled in the cone between the lines.)

Snap_2022.04.07_12h5m57s_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Greg. Yes, that is an acceptable work-around. I was hoping though, that there was some way to use the same method that works in Lightroom*. Evidently that may not be possible in PS Elements. 

Kind regards

Chris

*Matt Kloskowski -Brushing In Light with Lightroom 
(See this technique two minutes into the video)
www.yout-ube.com/watch?v=3brfb3Ta3aA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Glenn. They are pretty cool!

Kind regards

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines