• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have Photoshop Elements 2021 and want to tilt an object which I think would be considered 360 tilt

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this possible?  I want to tilt a photo backwards a bit to make it look level to the ground.  Free rotate doesn't do the job.

Thanks.

Moving to correct forum... Moderator

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're in the Premiere Elements forum, not the Photoshop Elements forum.

But you can certainly do what you want to do by using the Straighten tool, near the bottom of the Toolbar on the left of the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sue,

If free rotate does not work, the layer is probably locked. Try Image > Rotate > Custom.

Screenshot-000586.png

Or, you could use the Straighten tool and drag a line from the bottom of the front tire to the bottom of the rear tire.

Screenshot-000588.png

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your question is not entirely clear to me.  Walter and Steve have given you suggestions how to simply straighten the tractor so it is level.  But your .png image suggests that you may be requesting something else, particularly since you were unable to use the Free Transform tool to achieve your objective. 

You have presented us with what could possibly be an object (the boy on a tractor) which is now a layer in a multi-layer image.  (Perhaps you want to add a different background with the tractor on a horizontal surface?)  The free transform tool should work in this case and you haven't told us why it didn't work for you.  You need to move the cursor outside one of the corner handles.  It will then change to a semi-circular cursor and you can rotate the selected layer (or a selection) in either direction.  See this article for more details.

If you are trying to just straighten the object on a multi-layer image, make sure you select the proper layer and uncheck the Rotate All Layers box.  Otherwise the entire image will be straightened.

Snap_2022.12.03_13h0m17s_002.png

Your description of a 360 degree tilt also suggests that you want something more than a simple straighten. If you are trying to correct the perspective, this feature is not available in Elements - it is only in Photoshop CC.  It would give you something like this:

TractorEdit.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hard to explain but the tractor is tilted up like it is on a hill.  I want to be able to flatten it so both sides of the tractor are on the same level.  I can rotate it so one side of the tractor is straight but the other side still has the appearance of being raised off the ground more than the other side.  Not sure this can be done.  Just thought I'd throw it out there.  Thank you all for your ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The article is good that you sent.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sue27415886jqh7 said:

I want to be able to flatten it so both sides of the tractor are on the same level. I can rotate it so one side of the tractor is straight but the other side still has the appearance of being raised off the ground more than the other side. Not sure this can be done. 

No, it can't be done in Elements.  Even using Photoshop CC, you would have some distortion when changing the perspective.  I just did a quick play around with the photo in CC and this is how it turned out.  (You will have to look at this post on the web.  Photos will not appear via email.)

Snap_2022.12.04_0h36m43s_009.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for taking the time to do this.  It's not a huge deal.  I am making custom children's books for my grandkids and they won't notice the tilt. (I am too picky) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines