• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ICC Profile Is Invalid

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased and installed Photoshop Elements 15 on my Mac Pro. While in Guided Mode - Photomerge compose, after clicking Next to place my cropped image into the new image I receive the following error: ICC Profile Description is Invalid. Is there something wrong with where I installed the file (which was just the default directory)? I downloaded the new ICC color profiles from the adobe site and installed to the location specified in the instructions but still had the same error. Most of the ICC errors seemed related to printing that I found on these forums. Any thoughts on what else I can try to complete the Photomerge compose?

Thanks all

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Can you open the picture you're trying to merge into and convert its profile to sRGB?

This is how the conversion works in Elements 14, Expert mode, so maybe PSE15 is similar:

If you get some sort of error, try Open in Camera Raw for the file if your Elements has that.  On Windows it is in the File menu but I think there is no File menu on Macs, so maybe just Elements - Open-something:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of mac os x are you using?

Have you tried on some other images to see if you get the same error?

Where are you opening the images from?

For example, are you getting the images from Photos under Media in the File>Open dialog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for assisting on this. I am running OS X El Capitan - Version 10.11.6

I also tried to use other photos and think I found a common theme. I can use the photomerge with photos I took on my Iphone. But photos I took on my Digital SLR give me the error, "could not complete your request because the icc profile is invalid".

The images are all in my Photos Library. I have tried opening them through the Photoshop app as well as simply dragging and dropping. Both methods result in:
Iphone pictures - works

Digital SLR pictures - does not work

Perhaps I need to download an additional ICC profile that works with higher quality cameras? *I have no idea what ICC profiles are...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you upload two example source photos that when used in Photoshop exhibit the issue you're seeing in PSE15 Photomerge?  Upload the photos to www.dropbox.com and post a public download link to them, here.  If the photos you're working with aren't ones you can share publically, then take another couple photos of something that you can share and upload those.

An ICC Profile would be something like sRGB or Adobe RGB which you may be able to set on your DSLR for when it stores JPG images.  I'd suggest changing it to sRGB and see if that changes things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the help on this. I tried some more iterations and the DSLR pic wasn't the issue. For some reason the picture I am attempting to merge with seems to be the issue. I tried with other DSLR and IPhone pics and I was able to successfully do it. When I went to Expert mode I received the following error.

Paste Profile Mismatch
You are pasting content copied from a document with a different color profile. Because the destination document's color profile does not support importing data, the source data will not be converted.

Source: sRGB IEC......

Destination: Apple Wide Color Sharing Profile

*I still don't quite understand what the issue is. But the Destination picture doesn't allow me to merge anything to it. I will retake the photo and see if that fixes the issue. Thanks again for all the help. Happy to know that this issue appears to be with just 1 picture and not a larger issue with my new software!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open the picture you're trying to merge into and convert its profile to sRGB?

This is how the conversion works in Elements 14, Expert mode, so maybe PSE15 is similar:

If you get some sort of error, try Open in Camera Raw for the file if your Elements has that.  On Windows it is in the File menu but I think there is no File menu on Macs, so maybe just Elements - Open-something:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did it! Converting to sRGB allowed the merge to work perfectly (well as perfect as my beginner skills would allow). I really appreciate everyone's assistance on this. I definitely learned a lot from everyone's troubleshooting recommendations.

Happy Holidays!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same kind of issues.  I found that Photoshop on the mac was set to 8 bits/channel vs 32 bits/channel.  Once I changed to 32 i stopped getting that error.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried that but 8 bit was all that was available.  Using PSE 2022 on mac venture 13.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines