• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

import of GPS data

Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I make sure that GPS data (if available) are imported during import of a picture file in Elements Organizer?

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can confirm that GPS data has been imported by selecting a photo in the grid and then clicking on the Places tab at the top-center of the window. Zoom the map in and you will see tags for photos that have GPS data.

Screenshot-000045.png

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion, Walter. I know that once GPS data are imported, pictures are placed on the map in "Places". But my problem is that gps data are not imported, although they are available in the original file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can view the metadata in the photo file by selecting a photo in the grid and clicking the "Keyword/Info" button in the lower-right corner of the window. Then click on "Metadata" in the info panel and scroll the list down. The GPS data is at the bottom of the list.

If the metadata info shows GPS data, try a right-click on the photo and select "Update Thumbnail" from the popup menu. And then check the Places map to see if shows up.

If no GPS data shows in the list, try the "Update Thumbnail" to see if it adds the data when it reads the photo.

Screenshot-000048.png

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Walter, I am very happy with your suggestions, although they don't work for me. There is a heading "GPS" in Tags/Metadata, but it seems to be empty. If I open the picture in Google Photos, I get a map with the correct picture location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a mistake. When I select a picture that is not displayed on the map in "Places" and open it in the Editor and select File Info, this displays location data, latitude and longitude. Even so, it is not displayed on the map.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Van, I have no idea why you can see the GPS data in the Editor File info but it does not show in the Organizer metadata GPS section or on the Places map. Possibly the GPS data was recorded in a non-standard way so that the Organizer didn't recognize it.

Were these photos that don't show on the map taken with the same camera as those that do show on the map?

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All taken with my phone (Huawei P30 Pro). If the gps data are non-standard, Google Photos apparantly can deal with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll do a short summary:
1. If I have a new picture file that is not in the Organizer and then import it into the Organizer, GPS data are absent in the Organizer, but present in the Editor.
2. If I open that same file (not yet imported into the Organizer) in the Editor, the GPS data are avalable under File Info. If I then transfer the file from the Editor into the Organizer, the GPS data are availble in the Organizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A small addition. If a picture in the Organizer without GPS representation on the map is transferred to the Editor from the Organizer and then, after some minor edits, is saved (replacing the orginal file), GPS data are correctly represented in the Organizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But even so, such pictures do not appear on the Map.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines