• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installed Elements on new computer and licence not being accepted.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have purchased and installed Photoshop Elements successfully on a previous computer.

That computer died and so have gone to install it on a new computer.

I get the message that "the serial number is already in use."

I have gone onto my account on Adobe.com, can see the software and licence registered there.

I have also checked under activated devices and there are no devices shown under here.

So as far as I can see I have genuine software, have used it successfully in the past, no activated devices yet it's not being accepted.

Any help very much appreciated.

TOPICS
Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Call them and be persistent. If the functionary that answers will not help, hang up and call again to talk to someone else. Again, point out that you don't need support for use of the software, just with installation/activation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to contact Adobe directly. I suggest that you call @ 1-800-833-6687. Explain to the agent that you do not need help with use of the software, just with activation. If you prefer, you can engage in a chat session via Adobe's website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried the chat first they said the serial number should work and reinstall the sofware which I did.

They then said they didn't support it anymore and to go to the community forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Call them and be persistent. If the functionary that answers will not help, hang up and call again to talk to someone else. Again, point out that you don't need support for use of the software, just with installation/activation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . .  or ask for a supervisor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please ask the support team to help you with the deactivation of application that was installed on your previous machine. They should be able to help you with the deactivation and then try again.

Regards,

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try saying you need an "activation count reset". Those exact words. Focus on these words, only tell them other info (like product name) if you are asked. This approach has worked for many people who found Adobe staff were not trained or motivated to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe blocks serial numbers that have not been issued by Adobe, or have been used fraudulently by unauthorized sellers to produce counterfeit software. Unfortunately, you may only know the serial number has been blocked for this reason when re-activating or reinstalling Adobe software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines