• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there help for me? After an upgrade I lost all my photos. No album tags or names show up either.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2024 Mar 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had my computer upgraded. I am not savvy enough to do that myself. I was upgraded to Windows 11 and 64-bit. I have Photoshop Elements 7.  After the upgrade, the program has nothing in it. All the photos are missing. Also, the names of my albums and the tags are not there. I brought in a few new photos. I tried to make an album name and add name tags. It said I have to be signed in order to perform those actions. I had a glimmer of hope that when I signed in, all my photos would return. When I tried to sign in, I got this message:

"ERROR

Photshop.com services are currently unavailable. Please try again later or check your network connections. Error 400. "

What could have gone wrong during the upgrade for this to happen? My hard drive was backed up before they did the upgrade., so I am hoping there will be a way to get them back. I am looking for any suggestions, resolutions, etc. 

I have been thinking of finally upgrading to Elements 2024, but wonder if that is a bad idea at this point? If I get my photos restored, will the photos, tags, and albums even transfer to Elements 2024, or is my current edition just too old to even think of that? I appreciate any of your expertise, as I am not too good at the techy operation of computers, hence I get help for that area.

TOPICS
How to , Organizer , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I just had my computer upgraded."    did you pay someone to do that?  Many times people that perform such services don't know waht they are doing and will erase old programs / documents without a thought to it.   "  It's an OS upgrade... all your old stuff will have to be reinstalled" sort of thinking.

The 400 error message:  

This is generally a browser issue, not the application.

Please try to clear the cache and cookies of the browser.

Try to use an alternate browser and check if you still receive the error message.

Read this to clear your cache and browser history:
https://usa.kaspersky.com/resource-center/preemptive-safety/how-to-clear-cache-and-cookies

ABOUT YOUR CATALOGUES:   As long as their location (such as an external Hard drive, or even yourregular hard drive) has not changed, AND you told it to keep personal files and programs durign the upgrade you should be ok.   

If you, or whoever you paid to do the upgrade did not  check the "keep personal files and programs"   chances are your photos are gone.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do  you have a backup of the multiple photo -files that you have accumulated over the years? On external drive or CD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, all photos that are in Photoshop Elements are in My Pictures and are backed up on an external hard drive. The person who did the upgrade also has a backup. Using that backup he was able to bring up Photoshop Elements 7 on his spare computer. Everything is there! So I am optimistic for now. This is a program he is not personally familiar with, but he is  working on it. I am thinking he will resolve this.

My next BIG QUESTION is: I was thinking of upgrading to Elements 2024. SInce Adobe no longer supports Elements 7 will there be any big issues transferring the program so everything from 7 will transfer to 2024? Will my albums appear and will my tags still be on the photos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a tech note from Adobe re this issue:

Import media from files and folders in Elements Organizer (adobe.com)

I suggest you try out Photoshop Elemets 2024. There is a free 30-day trial, and if you like it, you may purchase the license at the expiration of the trial.

Free Trial | Adobe Photoshop Elements 2024

If the computer shop is unable to restore the catalog, you will have to populate the organizer from scratch. Look at it as an opportunity to delete old "stuff" during this process. You don't have to do it in one sitting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I appreciate the response. It will take a bit for me to process all that, but I will look it over carefully.

When I upgraded from Elements 6 to Elements 7 eons ago, I remember, that whatever I did, everything from 6 automatically appeared in Elements 7 when I loaded it on the computer. So my question is, would that also be the case  if I load 2024 on my computer?  Assuming I retrieve everything from 7,  would all the photos, album names and tags appear in 2024 after the upgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines