• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost catalog

Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using version 19 of PSE with Windows 11 and I have 14000+ images. Today, I am in despair. I decided I needed to do a backup so I went into Organizer and clicked on <file> <manage catalogs>. I then clicked in turn on the 3 alternatives. I could see the name of my current catalog but I stupidly clicked on an old catalog name which displayed my images up to August, 2022. Now the name of my current catalog has disappeared and I am unable to display its images. I have not lost any images which remain on my hard drive. However, if I have to remain with the August, 2022, catalog, I have lost all the formatting such as stacks, albums etc. I haven't deleted anything so I am desperately hoping that there is a way to restore my foolishly unbacked up catalog. Yes, it's my own fault but please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

@pale_loiterer, do not despair.  You should be able to find the correct catalog.

Search your computer for all files named catalog.pse19db.  Each one will be found in a folder that has the name of the associated catalog.  When you find the correct catalog, double-click on the db file and it will open in the Organizer.

I am assuming that you are indeed talking about version 19 of Elements.  If you mean Elements 2019, then do a search for catalog.pse17db.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to PsElements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@pale_loiterer, do not despair.  You should be able to find the correct catalog.

Search your computer for all files named catalog.pse19db.  Each one will be found in a folder that has the name of the associated catalog.  When you find the correct catalog, double-click on the db file and it will open in the Organizer.

I am assuming that you are indeed talking about version 19 of Elements.  If you mean Elements 2019, then do a search for catalog.pse17db.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you so much. It worked like a dream and I am most grateful.

Pale_loiterer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines