• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lost files

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my Photoshop 18 photos and files in the organizer are missing... in fact I can't find any of my files... is anyone else having the same problem and did you recover your files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Photoshop Elements 2018?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I am using Photoshop 18. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop and photoshop elements are two different programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't know that. I am using Photoshop Elements 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussion moved from Photoshop forum to Photoshop Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

margaretrangel41  wrote

I didn't know that. I am using Photoshop Elements 2018.

That's OK, that is why we are here to help inform. Apologizes if it came across too aggressive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, take a breath and don't panic.  It is highly unlikely that any of your files have been lost unless you have made a conscious decision to delete them. 

We need more details about your problem.  First, you should understand that the Organizer does not hold your files.  It is merely a database program that displays thumbnails of your photo files wherever they are located on your computer.  So, where do you normally store your files on your computer?  And are you on a Mac or Windows machine?

When you say the files are missing from the Organizer, please explain.  Are all of the thumbnails visible?  If so, when you click on a thumbnail, do you receive a message saying that the file is "missing".  If that is the case, it means that the Organizer cannot find the file on your computer in the locations it is expecting.  This could happen, for example, if you have your files stored on an external drive and the drive becomes disconnected.  Or you add a drive to your computer and the drive letters change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines