• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac and Windows from one purchase

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Windows desktop computer and a Macbook pro laptop that I purchased for a photography club I started.  Can I get both Mac and Windows versions with one purchase of Photoshop Elements or do I have to buy two?

TOPICS
Download and install , Mac , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you may need to contact Adobe Sales to get a definitive answer to your question. Before version 2023, it was possible to purchase a boxed DVD set which contained the installer for both Mac and Windows, and a serial number that worked for both OS platforms.  However, in the past couple of years, Adobe stopped selling the DVD version directly and it could only be obtained from third-party retailers.  If you purchased online from Adobe, you could only buy a license for Windows OR Mac.

I have done a quick Google search and have found (and have seen it reported by others) that the DVD boxed set is no longer being sold.  However, Amazon and others seem to be selling a download version that says it can be used for  Win & Mac.   Since the license normally allows installation on two computers (but for use on only one at a time), I assume you can install on a Mac and Windows machine.   But I haven't found a definitive answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do use the software on both Windows and Macbook Pro with a single serial number.

Try searching on-line stores. For example Amazon has the boxed version with CD-ROM. The disks enable installation on both Windows and Mac. You can still use the Adobe download links and simply activate using the serial number from the box after delivery. This is important as many computers no longer have a disk drive.

Amazon also sell electronic downloads with the activation code sent by email. But note these are single platform only.

See my YouTube video for what’s new in 2023. You will find download links in the description. You could use these to start a 30 day trial and then activate after purchase with no need to uninstall and re-install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I just ordered a WIN and MAC version from Adorama.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, I just downloaded a PDF from Amazon (US) which states that a DVD is no longer being supplied in the box (but you can request one from Adobe!). 

Snap_2022.10.23_1h11m47s_009.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned Greg a physical disk is not important. Purchasing the boxed version gains the multi-platform installations.

From your image it appears that the box contains a redemption code which can easily be converted on-line into a serial number. As you point out, the pdf states that customers who need a disk can contact Adobe. I’m not seeing this pdf on Amazon UK, but someone has answered a customer question confirming the box comes with a download code.

Of course separate catalogs are required on Windows and Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, what do you mean by "separate catalogs"?  Will it create different types of files on the different operating systems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The files won’t be different only the catalog which stores the links to your photos and keywords etc. If using the Apple Photos app you may wish to create unmodified originals to add to Photoshop Elements.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The serial number that you get can be used on both Windows and Mac, although the installers are different.

You can connect with our chat support team and they can help you go through the steps to purchase the right serial key and as well as the steps to download and install the application.

Chat support link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Regards,

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines