• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making Template from PSE Shapes

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to make a template from a outside JPG, I was taught that here some time back. I have never been able to become fluid with PSE15 so I am always reaching out somewhere else or here to learn what I need. I want to know how to make a template that I can insert pictures or designs into. I want to use shapes from PSE15 shapes. Thank you again all for your great help. You are all the best!

Judi

TOPICS
Actions , Creative , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

You can't batch process this project.

Consider using the Cookie Cutter tool which has many of the same shapes as the Custom Shape tool, e.g. Hexagon

Open a picture file and crop it so as to retain what you wish to display,  Save this processed file (Save as) with a new name in a folder on your desktop. Do the same for the other 29 pictures.

Now, go to File>new>blank file. Enter the dimensions to accommodate the 30 pictures. Select Background color to suit. This will be your canvas.

Go to File>Pl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @vinylandrhinestones 

Thanks for reachibng out to us.

There can be multiple ways to achieve this. Following are some along with their help guide:

1. Using layer clipping masks: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop-elements/using/clipping-masks.html

2. Using default Frames: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/how-to/apply-effects-textures-frames.html

Hope these would be helpful. Please reach out to us for any further assistance.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. I get that fine. My problem is that I need to have the same shape numerous times.

EXAMPLE: Lets say the Hexagon shape. I need to have like 30 of the on a page at 2 inches big.

I need to be able to insert a different picture into each one. How do I do that please? With what you gave me, I can only figure on how to do one at a time per page. Thank you again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help please? I thought arshha jindal would work but it didn't as I needed something a bit more. As explained above. Really hope someone can help with this. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't batch process this project.

Consider using the Cookie Cutter tool which has many of the same shapes as the Custom Shape tool, e.g. Hexagon

Open a picture file and crop it so as to retain what you wish to display,  Save this processed file (Save as) with a new name in a folder on your desktop. Do the same for the other 29 pictures.

Now, go to File>new>blank file. Enter the dimensions to accommodate the 30 pictures. Select Background color to suit. This will be your canvas.

Go to File>Place, point to Picture #1 and place and position picture #1 on the canvas.

Repeat for pics. 2-30.

You may find it helpful to have the grid open (View menu>grid) for orientation. The grid will not print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines