• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Menu font size in Elements

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed Elements and the size of the menu icons is tiny. I would like to know how to make them larger. Changing things like the screen resolution of the laptop has no effect

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of photoshop elements and operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 12

Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, there is probably not much one can do.

In photoshop elements since version 13.1 there is a user choice of scaling under Edit>Preferences>Display & Cursors.

If you download a 30 day trial of pse 15, try the Large - 200% setting and then restart the pse 15 editor to see the change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (7).pngI just changed it to 100% and also tried 200% and it didn't change the font size of anything.  I will not be able to use this program if the lettering is so small.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will not be able to use this program if the lettering is so small.

It really is a shame that you can't change the menu font size in PS Elements!! I have PSE18 and the menu lettering it way too small. Other programs give users the ability to increase the menu font sizes. I'm really surprised Adobe dropped the ball on this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fotograffic1,

Those Font sizes are controlled by windows scaling, not photoshop elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those Font sizes are controlled by windows scaling, not photoshop elements.

Yes I know. However a photo editing program like Affinity has customizable toolbars including, if I remember correctly from several months ago when I tried the trial version, the ability to increase the menu text size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've changed the font on my windows scaling and it did not change in photoshop elements. Nothing I do changed it in PS. It's ridiculously small!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Which version of Adobe Photoshop Elements are you using and what operating system are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure who you were asking but if it's me, I have PS Elements 2021 and I'm using Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultdiaelm2pucjj ðŸ™‚

Try this:

1. Using the File Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2021

2. Look for the PhotoshopElementsEditor application and right-click on it.

3. From the contextual menu that appears, select Properties

4. Choose the Compatibility tab, and under Settings, click the Change high DPI settings button

5. In the new dialog box that appears, under High DPI scaling override, click the checkbox next to Override high DPI scaling behavior, and choose System (Enhanced) in the dropdown menu for Scaling performed by

6. Click OK twice to close the dialog boxes and start Photoshop Elements again.

If you want to also adjust the settings for the Elements Organizer, then you need to go through the same steps again, only this time for the PhotoshopElementsOrganizer application that is in your C:\Program Files\Adobe\Elements 2021 Organizer folder.

Hope that helps 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will give that a try 🙂
*tessa palm hagan*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, It worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you worked for me in Elements Organiser 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still using Elements 11 (purposely, because I like the right-side guided menu so much better than the newer one where I have to keep changing screens).  When I loaded it on my new laptop, the menu font was so small it was almost unreadable and this workaround worked perfectly.  Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me thank you --- DD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much this fixed the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works.

Been trying to fix this since 2017.

thanks !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sandy,

You have restart photoshop elements after changing the UI Scale Factor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have version 18 and there in no screen like this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having just upgraded to Elements 2022, this is still a big problem. The fonts -- all over the app -- are way too tiny. The advice to go to Edit>Preferences>Display & Cursors does not work,  -- o such choice under preferences.  I am on Windows 10. There must be a way to change this. It's not Windows, as other apps don't have this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eleven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines