• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merge two pictures in one file

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only wish to merge two .JIG photos into one picture. I am totally confused with the instructions provided. Can anyone help me? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this help:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/using/guided-mode-photomerge.html

Can you please tell us what, exactly, is confusing you so that maybe it can be explained differently 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can drag one picture into a target space. I might have dragged a second picture in the target space. I don't know because they seem to be on top of each other. Once I am in the target space, I can't move the pictures at all. 

I have already have two pictures that have been cropped, balanced and adjusted for exposure. All I want to do is merge two pictures in the same file and save them. In the past I could do with with Microsoft software which no longer runs on Windows 10. It seems impossible here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not clear exactly what you want to do.  If you are simply trying to place two images side-by-side into a single collage image, take a look at this thread where I demonstrate one way to do it.

If the instructions provided by Peru Bob or me do not help, please give us a more detailed description of your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, you have to be in Expert Mode in the Editor.  If you have dragged one photo over another of the same size, it will look something like this:

Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, February 23, 2022_13h23m17s.png

There will be two layers visible in the Layers panel on the right - one layer for each photo. 

To put each photo side by side, you need to expand the canvas size so that both photos fit in the canvas.  (You could resize each layer so that they fit in the current canvas, but then you would have to reduce the resolution of the images and crop out the white space that will become visible.)  To expand the canvas, go to Image>Resize>Canvas Size:

Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, February 23, 2022_13h24m2s.png

A dialog will open and you should expand the canvas.  I suggest using the percentage measurement to expand the width to 200%.

Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, February 23, 2022_13h24m57s.png

Next, click on the left facing arrow to create the anchor point and it will change to this:

Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, February 23, 2022_13h25m22s.png

Click OK and the workspace will now look like this:

Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, February 23, 2022_13h25m47s.png

Click the top photo and drag it over to the white space.  You will end up with the following image which you can then save:

Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, February 23, 2022_13h26m26s.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a Google seach and found another way to do this. It takes more steps than I had to do before, but it works. Thank you for your support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not knowing exactly what you mean by merging, here's my thought.  Make sure the image you want to merge is below the other one.  Highlight the top layer and click on the blend mode window, then scroll down to see each choice affects the final result, and you may have to adjust the opacity and other settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines