• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Plug-in after PE 2022 crash

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Topaz DeNoise Ai and Sharpen Ai plug-ins with PE 2022.  They both worked fine until PE crashed yesterday while I was processing an image with the Topaz DeNoise Ai plug-in.  When I restarted PE 2022 only the Sharpen Ai was visible. The standalone Topaz DeNoise Ai continues to run without a problem, suggesting either a corrupted plug-in or a problem with PE 2022. I have done the following in an attempt to resolve the problem:

1. Downloaded and reinstalled the plug-in.
  2. Done a thorough clean of my system to remove junk files and other temporary files, followed by a reboot and rerun PE;
  3. Uninstalled Topaz DeNoise Ai, again done a thorough clean of my system to remove junk files and and temporary files, reinstalled Topaz DeNoise Ai, including the plug-in;

None of the above resolved the problem and the only plug-in listed under Topaz on the Filter menu is Sharpen Ai.

I still have a copy of PE 2019 on my system.  When I ran this, both the Topaz DeNoise Ai and Sharpen Ai plug-ins are listed under the Filter menu and both work correctly (see attached PDF images).  This suggests that the issue lies with PE 2022 rather than with the Topaz plug-ins.  To resove this I tried the following:

1. Repair PE 2022 by rerunning the installation program;
  2. Uninstalled PE 2022, again done a thorough clean to remove junk and temporary files, restarted the computer and reinstalled PE 2022.

Neither of these actions resolved the problem and Sharpen Ai is still the only plug-in listed under the Topaz menu under the Filter heading.

I am at a complete loss as to what has caused the problem.  As both plug-ins are visible in PE 2019 and work fine the problem appears to be with the installation of PE 2022, either in the registry or one of the many folders / files the program relies upon to manage plug-ins.  I would appreciate any assistance you can provide as to the source of the problem and how to resolve it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the Premiere Elements section of the forum, not the Photoshop Elements section.   I will ask a moderator to move it.  

If it were me, I would suspect a Topaz issue, not a Photoshop Elements issue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.  I'm puzzled why you think it is a Topaz problem and not a PE 2022 issue.

If it is a Topaz issue, why does the same vesion plug-in continue to work in PE 2019, but is no longer displayed in PE 2022 after the program crashed while using the plug-in?  I can understand that it could be a Topaz issue if the plug-in was corrupted when the program crashed.  However, I copied the working plug-in from the PE 2019 Plug-in folder to the PE 2022 plug-in folder. If it was a corrupted plug-in then this should have solved the problem but it doesn't.  NB for convenience I keep all my plug-ins in the PE plug-in folder. 

In parallel to contacting Adobe I have contacted Topaz with the same information and asked if the problem could be caused by their plug-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, I had the exact problem with a disappearing plugin, only in my case it was the Portrait Pro Studio plugin that won't show in the list. The plugin 8bf file is in the correct location, but it no longer appears in the filter list. After seeing this post, I think it is pretty safe to say that this is a PSE 2022 issue. I even reinstalled Elements, then Portrait Pro, with no improvement. 

Interestingly, the Portrait Pro Studio plugin still works fine in my other software, specifically Corel Paintshop Pro 2022.

Honestly, the only reason I have Elements is because sometimes I am sent a PSD file that won't open properly in Paintshop Pro, and the best fix is to open it in elements and re-save the PSD, then it will open in Paintshop Pro with no issues. The Corel product is far superiour for photo editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have found a solution that appears to work and that you may want to try, but is probably one nnot recommended by Adobe.  I copied the Topaz DeNoise AI plug-in from the default folder for 3rd party plug-ins to the Adobe folder for its in built plug-ins:C:\...\Required\Plug-ins - lo and behold the DeNoise AI plugin is again visible and works fine.

This confirms my view that there is a PE 2022 file / setting / registry entry that has lost the pointer to the DeNoise AI plug-in in the 3rd party plug-in folder.  Perhaps Adobe can clarify where PE 2022 picks up information on plug-ins in the 3rd party plug-in folder and how this can be repaired..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from PrE to PsE forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies for posting originally on the Photoshop Premium form - I thought I had selected the correct one as my original post showed I posted to the Photoshop Element forum at the top of the post (see attached).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines