• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Monochrome print in sepia

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does my monochrome print sepia in grayscale setting? I have a Canon iP8760 printer. Cheers Mike

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not giving us much information to help you.  What OS and version of Elements are you using?  Are you printing in the Organizer or the Editor?

My guess is that your image is not really monochrome black and white but is in RGB color mode.  This will happen if you are scanning a black and white photo in color mode. Open your photo in the Editor, go to Image>Mode and, if it is set to RGB, change it to greyscale.  Confirm that you want to discard all color information and you will have a black and white image.

Snap_2021.10.23_00h41m16s_000.png

If that is not the case, you need to look at your printer settings and whether your ink cartridges need to be changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg,

Many thanks. I am using Elements 13 and Windows10. The printer is new and the cartridges are not empty.

I always scan for reference purposes my darkroom produced monochrome prints in grayscale on the Canonscan LiDE 700F scanner. With the new printer having a gray cartridge I had hoped for good b&w

I followed your instructions in Elements and removed the colour information. I printed another image using the prtinetr setup making sure also that grayscale was ticked. This print is even more sepia. I use Expert window in Elements.

Cheers Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  The problem seems to be your printer settings.   Each printer is different, but here are the appropriate settings for my HP printer.  You should see something similar for your Canon.

1. In the Elements Printer dialog, click on Change Settings in box 2 (Printer Settings). This will open up another dialog.
  2. Click the Advanced settings button which will take you to your printer driver dialog.
  3. Look for a Color panel.  This will govern whether the printer will print in color or monochrome.
  4. Set the printer to print in greyscale.

Snap_2021.10.25_11h59m24s_000.pngHope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg,

Have tried all that plus telling printer that plain paper loaded but using photo gloss. Result was greatly reduced sepia. I went thru all this with the previous printer but all to no avail.

Thanks for your help. Will tackle Canon.

Cheers

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well havent been to Canon yet. But had the thought that if I printed onto PhotoPpaper Glossy II but told printer that I was using Pro Platinum paper the resuly being a pretty acceptable monochrome (b/w) image. Obviously all in the ICC profiles of each paper. Cheers Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines